Full Project – THE IMPACT OF PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPARTMENT ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY)
This research work investigates the impact of public relations department on organizational performance. The research work study how the public altitudes are being conveyed to the management, how the policies are being managed and formulated and also the consumer’s perspective of the Nigeria Bottling Company’s products. It is observed that most research centered on impact of public Relations on Organization but this research focuses on both the impact on consumers and organization activities the company. However, it also investigates the company programmes if it is being effectively utilized or not.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
1.1 background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 objectives of the study
1.4 Research Questions/hypothesis
1.5 Significance of the study
1.6 Scope of the study
1.7 Operational Definition of Terms
2.1 Theoretical framework and Literature review
2.1 theoretical frameworks
2.2 Conceptual framework
2.3 Research studies review
3.0 Research Design
3.1 Research Method
3.2 population of the study
3.3 Sample of the study
3.5 Validity and reliability of the instrument
3.6 Method of administration of instrument
3.7 Method of data analysis.
4.0 Data analysis and result
4.1 Analysis of field performance of the Questionnaire
4.2 Analysis of the demographic
4.3 Analysis of Tables.
4.4 Analysis of research Questions.
5.0 Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
5.2 Limitation of the study
LIST OF TABLES
Table 4.1 Distribution of respondents by sex
Table 4.2 Distribution of respondents by qualification
Table 4.3 Distribution of respondents by age
Table 4.4 Distribution of respondents by employment status
Table 4.5 Distribution of respondents by religion
Table 4.6 Respondents view on the effectiveness of an organization lying on achieve public relation department.
Table 4.7 Respondents view on public relation department as the only channel that can be used to maintain favourable relationships between the organizations
Table 4.8 Respondents views on public relation department as the only of an organization that increase the organization sales and profit
Table 4.9 Respondents view on the impact of public relation department on the performance of the organization
Table 4.10 Respondents view on public relation programmes being effectively utilized by the organization
Table 4.11 Respondents view on the list of Nigeria Bottling Company
Table 4.12 Respondents view on how the company’s product can be rated
Table 4.13 Respondents view on the impact of the company’s promotional activities
1.1 BACKGROUD OF THE STUDY
The role of public relation in image making for an organization cannot be over stressed: infact it is the central focus of public relations activities in any organization. it is either the practitioner is trying to create an impressive and acceptable image, sustaining the already created one and/or revamping the battered ones.
Before going into examining what impact public relations department has on the Nigerian Bottling Company, Ilorin.
The company programmes include employee relations, financial relations, community relation, crisis communication, government and political relations in the public relations in the public interest, consumer education, other public relations programmes and public relations for small business.
It was observed in Nigeria Bottling Company, Ilorin, that the sole aim and objective as a profit demanding firm and/or commercial organization’s to satisfy the consumers or buyers and s such, every available efforts must to made to see that a conducive environment, good relationship mutual and friendly ones, are firmly established between the general public. The public relations department in Nigeria Bottling Company, Ilorin is such a one the is concerned with such a highly sensitive issues the is concerned with such a highly sensitive issues that required an intelligent, bold highly competent and professionally skillful one to mange.
The public relations department in Nigeria bottling company, Ilorin, under the strict control of the public relations executive or practitioner concern itself with making sure that employee of the organization are not denied of what supposed to be meant for them. In order for an organization to survive. The public relations department has very numerous roles or almost unlimited functions to perform both within and outside the organization. some of the roles would be examine strictly, especially those that are performed in Nigerian Bottling Company.
According to Sam Black (1973), “the fundamental function or purpose of a public relations practitioner’s are to establish a two – way communication to resolve conflicts interest by seeking common grounds or areas of mutual interest and establish understanding based on truth, knowledge and full information (1989:315) – the public relation. Department in Nigeria Bottling Company also has a role or duty of conveying and interpreting public attitudes and reactions to the management for necessary and immediate actions it is equally expected of the department to be able to formulate policies and manage issues within the organization.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This study is concerned with examining the impact of public relations department on organization performance. Most times, many organizations fold up easily due to unfavourable thinking of the consumer about the company and its offerings. Public relations, therefore, describes the various methods a company organization uses to disseminates, messages about its product, employees, stakeholders, suppliers, service or overall things, or other interested members of the community.
Several problems are faced at present by many organizations, as there is no firm without its problems, especially a public demanding firm such as Nigeria Bottling Company.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
– To examine how public relations department maintain good personal relations with the employees and the public.
– To examine how public relations programs ensure the maintenance of a favourable relationship between an organization and its publics.
– To know how the image of an organization is built, created and maintain.
– To see how the products of the organizations are being advertised and how the department helps to increase goodwill.
– To know how organization reputation is being protected.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS/HYPOTHESIS
- Department on the performance of the organization
H1: PR has impact on organization performance.
- Are the consumers contended with the organization’s products/services?
- Are the public relations programs effectively utilized by the department?
- Does public relations department maintain favourable relationship between the organization and its public?
1.5 SIGNIFICNACE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the study is that organization will be more prudent in their sales and earn reputation/image if the public relations programmes are effectively and efficiently carried out by department.
The study will enhance the maintenance of favourable relationship between the organization its publics.
Many organization would wish to include public relations department if they lack one, so as to enhance large sale this yielding substantial profit.
This study will show how public relations department create awareness about the already existed or the emergence of new product, innovation or discoveries and project it to the outside world.
The study will tell how the public relations department reflects on trends in political, social, economic and legal thinking to the management.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Variable X Impact of public relations department
Y Organization performance
The study adopts survey to sample both the staff of Nigeria Bottling Company, Ilorin’s opinion and the consumer of the organization’s products/services. The study looks into how the public relations departments utilized their progammes. Research was conducted on the Nigeria Bottling Company, Ilorin.
The study last from January 2012 to July 2012.
1.7 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
- Public Relations
Public Relations – Public relation is a field of activity concerned with building mutual understanding between an organization and its constituent public.
Organization – A group of people who form a business, club etc. together in order to achieve a particular aim.
Performance – The act of performing a task, an action etc. An that involves a lot of effort or troubles sometimes when it is not necessary. How well or bably you do something.
Programmes – A plan of thing that will be done include in the development of something. To plan for something to happen, especially as part of a series A of planed events.
Black Sam (1989) Practical Public relations. London, pitman and son limited and the medino press Limited. (published).
Black Sam (1989) Introduction to public relations London Sir Isaac Pitman and sons limited and the medino press Limited. (published)
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria