Full Project-THE IMPACT OF INDUSTRIAL TRAINING
THE IMPACT OF INDUSTRIAL TRAINING (IT) ON THE STUDENTS OF ACCOUNTANCY DEPARTMENT (INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMNT AND TECHNOLOGY (IMT) ENUGU)
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
As a result of growing school leavers, unemployment in the 1970’s, the Nigerian government introduced the new national policy on education in 1981. a major provision of policy was the introduction of the teaching of financial studies (Accounts) at the junior secondary school (JSS) level with emphasis on total acquisition of practical skills, values and knowledge that would enable the individual live meaningfully in the society.
One of the reasons for the emphasis on the subject is to equip its graduate with the needed skills for gainful employment even if they terminated their formal education at Junior school level. One basic necessity for the relevant teaching facilities including qualified teachers groomed with practical skills. This ensure that courses are taught according to the curriculum and using appropriate methodology for the subjects.
It is not possible to teach a student to operate a computer machine effectively without the computer machine. For teachers to teach financial subjects (Accounts) they must have a through knowledge of the subject and certified in the area so that they can demonstrate the skill properly for the student to understand and emulated. Noal (1971) and Thompson (1964).
These writers stressed that the individual will acquire skill and reach the stated goal by watching an expert and by practicing. This they believe that the individual in addition to this should be given enough practice to enable him master the art.
In order to enhance the study of financial studies, there is need for student to go field trip. For these will permit students to study equipment and the layout of the office and stages and study the relationship between departments.
1. The operational guidelines issued from the office of industrial work experience for each set of students which should be related to their academic discipline should be jointly worked out by the educational institutions and employers.
2. That detail of work experience programme for each set of students placed with different employers should be dispatched to reach the appropriate area or office for approval before students have their various institutions to begin the attachment.
For effective and efficient work experience it is good that the above guidelines are followed. From observations, the researcher believes so many authors that students industrial work experience scheme (SIWES) is a medium created to expose student to the realities of the work in the various disciplines. It enables student to watch theoretical classroom knowledge with practical work environment through practice. Nwokolo and Ekwue (1990) discovered that there is positive relationship between what students were taught in classroom and the actual on the job experience. The rate of relatedness being 87%.
Student’s industrial work experience scheme is aimed at promoting the most desired knowledge of technology for the advancement of the nation since it was recalled that SIWES programme was originally designed for professional course, such as environmental studies, engineering, vocational.
From the above facts, it becomes clear that if the lofty dreams of the nation is to be flexible the student industrial work experience scheme (SIWES) should be encouraged all concerned to enhance the technological advancement of the nation.
1.2 STATEMENTS OF PROBLEM
The student industrial work experience scheme provides a steady supply of labour to many organizations. All the students involved in this programme collect their industrial training letters and sent to the organization of their choice. In this state of affairs, a lot of organizations over labour students without taking proper care of them.
Some student working complains of having been assigned difficult tasks, which ordinarily could have taken double the strength of each student at each time. At the other extreme, some students complain of under utilization, they are not involved in the main or challenging tasks of the organization, which could enhance their capabilities and abilities.
This is because the organization concerned sees them as having a short time period to stay, therefore if jobs are to be assigned to them at all; it has to merely routine tasks that are not directly incidental to organizational success. On the part of the students, some of them see themselves as having observational status being on a learning process as such, do not work conscientiously towards the achievement of organizational goals. While others see themselves as parts & parcel of the organization hence, contributing meaningful towards its success.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This study is aimed at investigating the impact of students industrial work experience scheme on accountancy students. The merits and demand of the training to accountancy student will also point out the roles played to educational institutions and the employers of the students during the period of the industrial training.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It requires little reasoning to discover that this research will be of immense benefit to the ITF, it enable them to see the prospect of their effort towards the programme. It will also serve as a means of rediscovering the problem faced by trainees for possible modification to ensures the continuity of the programme. It will also help the ITF (Industrial Training Fund) to know if their aims and objectives are being fulfilled.
Added to the above, this research will be immense benefit to Accountancy students, it will enable the school to be able to understand specific problems which may relate to the application of the industrial training (IT).
Parents and guardians will also discover from the funding, of the project the problems facing the students of Accountancy as far as industrial training is concerned. The secondary school leavers will also find it necessary when making their choice of career.
The government on their own will discover the need to employ manpower that will carry out this industrial programme.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study is limited to the students of accountancy. It is no way extended to other department in the school of financial studies. It is only based on finding out accurate the significance and the impact that industrial training has created in this department and thus making the students that passed and are about to pass out in this course, excel professionally in the course.
The period allocated to this project was very short. Accountancy was another hindrance for the researcher in carrying out the report as he wished.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Unemployment: Lack of job for a number of people in the society.
Practical skill: Skills gained resulting in idea.
Methodologies: The set of methods used for the study of action in a practical subject.
Learning: The process of solving problems and the process of adjustment through constant practice.
Industrial training: The process of relating acquired theoretical knowledge gained to real life practical situation.
ITF: Industrial training fund.
SIWES: Students industrial work experience scheme.
Accountancy students: Those students studying accountancy course under financial department.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria