Full Project-THE IMPACT OF COMPUTERIZATION IN THE GROWTH OF NIGERIAN ECONOMY;
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
THE IMPACT OF COMPUTERIZATION IN THE GROWTH OF NIGERIAN ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF SOLIVE OIL MANUFACTURING COMPANY NIGERIA LIMITED)
Our discussion in this chapter centres on the following sub-headings-background of the study, the statement of the problem, the purpose of the study, significance of the study, Research Questions, Hypothesis, scope of the study, and the definition of terms used in this study.
Background of the Study
Solive oil manufacturing company of Nigeria aptly came on board in 1998 with its head office at Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria. It was formerly known and called Akwa Oil Company and later it was renamed solive oil manufacturing company. The branch under study is the Enugu state branch. Over the years, the company has passed through several changes which have helped to transform the productivity of the company. This company has been into the production of cercal oil generally called or known as groundnut oil and has gained so much reputation in the market due to its productivity efficiency.
It produces and supplies goods to any person or persons who need its services including foreigners from countries such as Ghana, Cameron, Libya, China and so on it’s steadfastness in production to meet the demands of its customers has led to the transformation of the company’s management. But unfortunately, the financial and information units of the company were exempted in the transformation hence giving rise to decayed problems of mismanagement of fund and lack of proper information flow in the company. These lingered problems are as a result of non-application of modern facilities (i.e. Information Communication Technology) in monitoring use of fund and controlling information therefore, embark on the study of the impact of computerization to the economic growth of Solive Oil Manufacturing Company Nigeria Limited with a view to proffering solution to the inherent problems.
Statement of the Problem
The problems associated with the company under study are such that should not be taken lightly. Mismanagement of fund has been identified as one of the major problems being faced by the company. This has become a general problem associated with the Nigerian society today. If the Nigerian economy must improve, the management of the various sectors of the economy must evolve strict polices that would put a check to misuse of funds. Other problems associated with the case study are as follows:
i. Lack of technical know-how in operation of digital devices
ii. Improper record keeping/documentation especially in the financial department of the company.
iii. Poor Communication skill which is as a result of lack of communication technology.
iv. Inadequate training of employees due to lack of knowledge on the role of information and communication technology (ICT) towards the improvement of the study.
Purpose of the Study
The world is in the midst of an electronic communication revolution. Electronic information flows across national boundaries. But not every nation is in this information technology jamboree. Many companies in Nigeria for reasons of technology, infrastructure or socio-economic status do not have access to electronic information therefore, the purposes of this study include:-
i. Encouraging the application of computer technology in the activities of small scale industries in Enugu state with a view to improving the productivity and efficiency of the company.
ii. Identification of the impediments towards the growth of small scale industries in Enugu state.
iii. Proffering solutions to the problems so identified in 1.3ii above.
Significance of the Study
In carrying out this study, the researchers believe that their findings will help Solive Oil Manufacturing Company Nigeria Limited, the country and individual/students thus:
Country: This study will help the country to see the need for computerization and how the application of information communication technology can contribute in boosting the productivity and the development of the country’s economy.
Company: Due to the change in speed and method of transaction business which Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has introduced, this study will challenge Solive Oil Manufacturing Company to identify with computerization as it affects the financial and information units so that she can effectively compete in the global market place.
Individual/Students: This study could be valuable as a source of reference to other researchers who might want to carry out similar or further research on this area.
Scope of the Study
This research endeavor centres on the impact of computerization on the growth of Nigeria economy. Solive Oil Manufacturing Company Nigeria Limited is the case study.
The following research questions guided the study:
i. What are the effects of computerization on the economic growth of Solive Oil Manufacturing Company Nigeria Limited?
ii. What are the effects of inadequate orientation and training of employees on the economic growth of Solive Oil Manufacturing Company Nigeria Limited?
The following research hypotheses were used for this study:-
i. Lack of computerization on the economic growth of Solive Oil Manufacturing Company Nigeria Limited causes poor management, mismanagement of funds, improper record keeping in the company.
ii. Inadequate orientation and training of employees result to lack of technical know-how in the company.
The researches find it expedient and necessary to defined words/terms used in this study with respect to the context of their usage in order to avoid ambiguity and confusion and consequently ensure easy understanding by the user of the study.
i. Computer: A computer is an electronic mechanical device that is capable of accepting data input, processes it and gives output at a fantastic speed.
ii. Database: A database is a collection of data items stored with a minimum of duplication so as to provide a consistent and controlled pool of operational data.
iii. File: This is a collection of related records.
iv. Record: This is a collection of data which are grouped according to how the fields are related.
v. Information Technology: This means all computer based activities that are derived form convergent disciplines of micro-electronics, computing and telecommunications which have led to reorganization of the process of production.
vi. Economy: This means the relationship between production, trade and supply of money on a particular country or area.
vii. Technology: The method of using scientific discoveries for practical purposes, especially in industry.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
You can also check other Research Project here:
1, Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria