Full Project-THE IMPACT OF A GOOD INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM ON FINANCIAL MANGEMENT OF ORGANIZATION
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Internal control can be defined as the whole system of internal control, financial and otherwise established by management in order to carry on the business of the enterprise in an orderly and efficient manner, ensure adherence to management policies, safeguarded the assets and secure as far as possible the completeness and the accuracy of records. Dr. Aveh (2010). The individual components of an internal control system are known as controls or internal controls. Internal control includes all policies and procedures adopted by the directors and management of an entity to assist in their objective to achieve as far as possible the orderly and efficient conduct of the business including adherence to management internal policies, safeguard of assets.
Prevention and detection of fraud and error, the accuracy and completeness of accounting record and timely preparation of reliable financial statement.An internal control is of great importance to every organization because of its impact on the management of its resources especially finances. It is evident that where there are no9 rules controlling how a thing is to be done, that very thing is done anyhow and the best of it is not attained, this is exactly what effective internal control system is all about.
For the purpose of our studies, financial management will mean the application of an organization’s financial resource (money) on activities meant for its usage. It is the proper use, the effective and efficient use of financial resources or simply put the expedient use of financial resources. Internal audit is an internal function which means that it is conducted by the employer of an organization specially designed for this purpose and therefore means it is an organizations management responsibility to establish the department or not to do so.
The object of internal auditing is to assists all member of management in the effective discharge of their responsibilities, by furnishing them with analysis, appraisal, recommendation and appropriate comment in the activities reviewed.To attain its overall objective, internal audit involves such activities as:
i. Reviewing the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and other operating controls and recommending effective control reasonable cost.
ii. Appraising the quality performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
iii. As creating the effectiveness of established policies and plans and recommending operating improvements.
Where an internal audit department operates, the statutory auditor plays particular attention to its activities as these will have a direct hearing on the scope and depth regained by the external auditors.This system of internal check is to prevent and also ensure an adequate accounting system which will provide the information necessary for preparing true and fair financial statement. Since it is the sole duty of the management of an organization to detect fraud errors and other irregularities and correct them before they come to the notice of the external auditors, the internal audit procedures adopted by an organization is of consequence. As a result of this procedure to be adopted by an internal audit department must have these in and also be set up by experts in theory and practice.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
It has been stated earlier that the duty of detecting frauds and Irregularities lies with the management. This could only be done through an effective and efficient internal control system in an organization. Some of these problems include:
i. The inability to establish a functional internal control system within the organization.
ii. The inability of the management to safeguard the assets of the organizations.
iii. The inability of the authorizing officers to give approval for all vouchers before payments.
iv. Inadequate supervision of duties within the organization.
v. The inability of management to appreciate, understand and clearly respond to the role of internal control system.
vi. Inadequate of good internal control system in contributing to the development of the company.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
i. To find out if there is any internal control system in Nigeria bottling company.
ii. To determine if there are laid down procedures by management to safeguard the assets of the organization.
iii. To find out if there are proper authorization for the documents before payments.
iv. To determine if there is adequate supervision of duties within the organization.
v. To find out if management appreciate, understand and clearly respond to the role of internal control system.
vi. To find out if good internal control system contribute to the development of the company.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
i. Is there internal control measures put on ground with this organization?
ii. Are there laid down procedures within the organization to physically safeguard the assets of the organization?
iii. Is there proper authorization of documents before payment?
iv. Is there proper supervision of duties within the organization?
v. Are the management appreciate, understand and clearly respond to the role of internal control system?
vi. Is there good internal control system in contributing to the development of the company?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
No internal control system newer elaborate,could be completely water tight But a good internal control system operated in a company is an indispensable aid to efficient management ,in that it Assures management of the re liability of decisions taken by them and that these decisions are in line with goals to be attained. The significance of this study is to bring to the notice of management the impact of a good internal control system in the financial management 0f organizations.
That is to say that it will help the organization to know now to manage it scarce fund.It will help to discover the existence of internal control system in an organization; and to know it there is weaknesses in the system, and suggest measures to correcting them.Again, it will equally help to reveal the problems that are caused by a bad internal control system.This piece of work will also be useful to students, scholars, lectures and other third parties as it shall open new area of further research work.It will also advance challenge to on- coming researchers. Non –management owners of a business will be adequately protected because all material fraud which either to, are undetected by auditors in case of this project work will be brought will be notice of management, so corrective action may be taken.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The focus of this is on the impact a good internal control system has on financial management of organization with particular reference to Nigerian Bottling Company PLC, Enugu.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria