Full Project-THE EFFECT OF INTERNAL AUDIT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF PRIVATE FIRMS’
THE EFFECT OF INTERNAL AUDIT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF PRIVATE FIRMS (A STUDY OF ANAMBRA MOTOR MANAUFACTURING COMPANY)
1.1. Background of the Study
Internal audit is a management tool used in ensuring transparency in conduct of business. Auditing took the entire stage after the industrial revolution since before this period, transactions increased, precipitated by the development of large corporations, limited liability companies, there became the need for divorce of ownership from control. Hence mangers and shareholders became two different partners. Then it became apparent for mangers to render accounts of their stewardship to those who has pooled their resources together for the business .it is noteworthy that an independent person be appointed to represent the interest of the shareholders in reviewing the report of mangers to ensure accuracy and transparency. This is how auditing started.
We have two types of sectors. Public and Private sectors. Public sector is the governments initiate and control in economic activities with the aim of rendering services at a breakeven point. The private sector is the private initiative aimed at profit/wealth maximization for the owners Mill champ (1996) defines internal audit as an independent appraisal function within an organization for the review of system of control and the quality of review of systems of control and the quality of performance as a service to the organization.
The study seek to empirical and statistically ascertain the impact of the internal audit in the private sector of the Nigerian economy, while the private sector of the economy is studied at large; the case study MB ANAMCO Ltd, Emene, Enugu is particularized.
1.2. Statement of the Problem
The private sector according to Anyanwu (1993; 25) is that part of the economy not under direct government control. It entails production and distribution that is in private hands. It serves as a complement to the public sector since increased public sector efficiency results from improvements and places government in a better position to focus on the objectives, conduct and performance of those enterprises that remain in the public sector (Hamming and Mansoor 1987). Despite this enormous role, the sector has been beclouded with problems such as:
(i) Financial impropriety
(ii) Lack of auditing control
(iii) Lack of independence of the internal control
(iv) Incomplete recording of business transactions
(v) Over blow expenses to reckless spending
(vi) Non compliance and adherence to accounting standard and guide lines.
(vii) Mismanagement of scarce funds
1.3 Statement of Objectives
The broad objective of the study is:
1. To determine if internal audit ascertain the correctness of financial records.
2. To determine the extent to which internal audit helps in enforcing compliance to rules and regulations regulating private sector accounting and auditing.
4. To know the factors hammering pa ring audit procedures in the private sector
1.4 Research Hypotheses
To address the above mentioned problems the following hypotheses are formulated.
(i) Ho: internal audit has not significantly affected Private sector performance.
(ii) Ho: There is no relationship between achieving corporate objective and efficient internal auditing in the private sector.
(iii) Ho: Inefficient internal audit and internal control has hampered audit reports.
1.5. Significance of the Study
i) The study will be of immense benefit to the shareholders who have contributed the funds for the business and needs a reward in form of dividends.
ii) This can be achieved if ineffectiveness and corrupt practices such as fraud, loss of revenue, sharp practices, and lack of transparency etc. associated with the private sector are minimized or even eradicated.
iii) Since a virile private sector is noted for the economy will be of great benefit from the findings of the study
iv) Equally, future researches on auditing will find the study interesting in their research.
1.6. Scope of the Study
As the study is centered on the effect of the internal audit in M.B ANAMCO LTD, Emene Enugu State, the research covers all department under the firm in other to ascertain whether auditing has an effect in the private firm and if not what is the cause.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
The researcher in the course of carrying out the research was faced with the following problems and constraints.
(a) Time factor: Time shortage posed serious challenges, since it was indeed very short considering the enormity of the research work.
(b) Lack of information and data due to unavailability of materials and other vital information. Libraries are either out of stock or scanty in their content of relevant materials.
(c) Financial problem was also a deterrent in carrying out the research since the available fund was not enough to sustain the vast research proposals, it was also a challenge in that regard.
1.8 Definition of Term
Audit: Audit can be define as the independent examination of a financial statement and expression of opinion on the financial statement of enterprise by an appointed auditor in pursuance of that appointed and in compliance with any relevant statutory obligation.
Auditor: Auditor is a qualified accountant who also passed a professional examination. Such a person must be of good conduct and have a vast knowledge and able to understand a practical business, endeavor always to grasp the technicalities and business, methods of any concern whose account he undertakes to audit.
Internal Auditing: According to Bright (1964) “Internal auditing has to do with the independent examination of the books of account so as to ascertain whether the books of accounts are in agreement with the organization transaction.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria