Full Project-THE EFFECT OF CORPORATE GOVERNANCE MECHANISMS ON BANK FINANCIAL PERFORMANCES
THE EFFECT OF CORPORATE GOVERNANCE MECHANISMS ON BANK FINANCIAL PERFORMANCES,,
This research work titled “The Corporate Governance Mechanisms and Bank Financial Performance” The researcher examined the relationship between board structure and financial performance. Determined if effective corporate governance has positive effects on directors effectiveness. Ascertained the relationship between board effectiveness and financial performance of first bank plc Enugu. Data for the study was sourced from two main sources which include Primary and Secondary sources of data Collection. Primary data: questionnaires and oral interviews were used to collect information from the respondents. Secondary data: journals, and other relevant materials relating to the area of my investigation will be review. Extensive literature review was carried out on the direct literature and indirect literature on books, journals and past works. The research instrument used in this study includes oral interview and questionnaire. The questionnaire is structural as to contain both close and open ended question. Simple tables and percentages was used in treatment of data. Based on the analysis the researcher found out that there is a significant relationship between corporate governance and financial performance. Corporate governance has positive effect on financial performance of commercial banks in so many ways, based on the findings the researcher recommends that Supervisory and regulatory agencies should improve on supervision of organizations through improved use of their machinery and appropriate sanctions should be taken on erring board of any organization to serve as a deterrent on others.
1.1 Background of the Study
The effect of corporate governance mechanisms is concerned with the intrinsic nature, purpose, integrity, and identity of the institution with a primary focus on the entity’s irrelevance, continuity and judiciary aspects. It means that the governance involves monitoring and overseeing strategic direction, socio economic and cultural context, externalities and constituencies of the institution.
Effect of corporate governance mechanisms also includes the relationship among the stakeholders involved in the goal for which the corporation is governed. Bank financial performance on the other hand, is the presentation of the summarized result of operation of an organization, this summarized result has helped to know the improvement of many banks in Enugu metropolis and also helps in relation of the financial aspect of corporate existence in Enugu metropolis.
There has been greater demand for transparency requiring more requiring more reliable and accountable financial reporting that would ensure adequate protection of corporate stakeholders. This because it was generally believed that the financial scandals in which people lost billions of dollars were caused by distortion in the corporate governance structure and financial performance of the affected organization operations leading to inefficient financial decision making. The fundamental concern of corporate governance mechanisms is to ensure the conditions whereby organizations directors act in the interest of there shareholders and to ensure that managers are held accountable to capital provides for use of assets. Therefore, it becomes a crucial element and necessary for the corporate governance system to function effectively (Wikipedia, free encydopedia 2006).
1.2 Statement of the Problems
Effect on corporate governance is crucial for stability of corporate organization and markets that make up the economy. Corporate governance mechanisms is sustained by full disclosures, check and balances. Full disclosure by organizations also builds and sustains confidence in investors, shareholders, customers and regulators. So where there are corrupt and self-interest directors, managers and international auditors, financial performance position of an organization at any given point in time.
Laxity of supervisor and regulatory agencies (CBN, SEC, NSE, NDIC, and CAC) on ensuring that corporate governance principles are adhered to in financial performance, also contribute to problems of poor financial performance and governance practice in organization. Many organization have corporate governance code and principle and sill fail to practice them. In some organizations, the overbearing attitude of organization CEO negatively affects organizations performance as they dictate what happens in the organization.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The objective of this research will be to study the corporate Governance mechanisms on financial performance.
Other specific objectives will be to;
· To study the relationship between board structure and financial performance.
· Determine if effective corporate governance has positive effects on directors effectiveness.
1.4 Research Questions
To carry out this study, the researcher raised following research questions
· What is the relationship between board structure and financial performance in the bank?
· Does effective corporate governance have positive effect on the directors effectiveness?
· What is the relationship between directors effectiveness and financial performance in the first bank plc Enugu?
1.5 Research Hypothesis
Hypothesis is an intelligent guess about the solution to a problem whose validity is to be established. The researcher therefore formulated the following hypothesis for the study.
H0: There is no relationship between board structure and financial performance of the first bank.
H1: There is significant relationship between board structure and financial performance of the first bank.
H0: Effective corporate governance does not have positive effect on the director’s effectiveness.
H1: Effective corporate governance has positive effect on the director’s effectiveness.
H0: There is no significant relationship between director’s effectiveness and financial performance in the first bank plc.
H1: There is significant relationship between director’s effectiveness and financial performance in the first bank plc.
1.6 Significance of the Study
It is expected that the findings of this study will give an insight on the importance or otherwise on the effect of corporate governance mechanisms and financial performance. The finding of this study will benefit the following:
1. It will be beneficial to banks and management as it will broaden their knowledge on the role of effective corporate governance mechanisms on bank financial performance and to help them in performing better in their bank.
2. Government and policy makers will benefit from this research as it will enable them bridge the gap in formulating legislations and investors by ensuring that the effective corporate governance practices are to embrace and sustained.
3. Regulatory bodies will benefit from this study as it will enable them to carry out their oversight functions more effectively and efficiently, if they adopt suggestions made by the researchers.
4. Individual and institutional investors will also benefit from this research work as they will be better informed and enlightened on the expectations of the management and the board of director’s will know what to expect from the financial performance they receive on yearly basis.
5. Finally, the research will serve as literature for further studies by individuals and gaps interest in the effective corporate governance mechanisms and financial performance issues.
1.7 Scope of the Study
A good research needs to be delimited to a manageable scope. Delimitation of research refers to the definition of the scope (extent or boundary) covered by the research.
Therefore, the scope of the study is the effect of corporate governance mechanisms on bank financial performance. The scope of the study is limited to first bank plc Enugu.
1.8 Limitations of the Study
The major factor of the limitations of study is time and scarcity of material on this topic. The researcher found it difficult to cope with time factor and financial aspect of it as there is little that has been written on this topic.
Nevertheless, the researcher was able to collect all basic necessary facts to ensure objectivity in the result of the project.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria