Full Project-STRATEGIES OF PROMOTING PRODUCTIVITY IN CIVIL SERVICE
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Productivity has been defined as the volume of good and service produced per worker within some specified unit of the year, now there have been consistent public outer about continuous decline of productivity in the civil service. It is for this reason that this work is being carried out in the view to finding the cause of low productivity how to eliminate this cause and these by bring about recommendation, that will promote productivity in the civil service in general to achieve a successful result in the programme. I have decided to carry out a case study of Enugu state civil service commission. However, the historical back ground of the civil service commission was dated back to the end of colonial masters and post-independence period. After the second world war, there were about 14 British Administration in the secretarial 70 Nigerians support staff and one Europe stenography. The head quarter of most technical department which was in Ebutemetta. (Lagos). The head quarter of the mine was in Jos, while the agriculture and forestry was in Ibadan, field administration was co-ordinated from two center, Kaduna for north and Lagos west and Enugu for the south.
In 1939, southern Nigeria was split into two region respectively. The Richard constitution in 1914 further divided the country into three region namely the northern western and Eastern regions. The macpherson constitution of 1951, introduced the appointment of ministers for the region and at the center of the civil service between the politician in office and the authorities of the lugardera, the duties of all administrative office. Were just that of maintaining law and order in the district placed under the immediate administrative control. It was only at the end of World War II that effort was made to achieve some social and economic benefit for Nigerians. It was at that time. Such office like the department of marketing and export were established.
The rapid Nigerianisation of civil service and the executive council brought about new conception of the role of the civil service For example, in the western Nigerians civil service were told that policy making was the exclusive function of the legislature. So, the civil servant were to do. In the eastern state civil servants were to give sound advice to the political leaders, control the traditional aspect of government activities and were also to be efficient executive who could manage and threat all the complex operation of the made state.
In the northern Nigerian, the duties of administrative office include to assist to give training to people as regard building up an efficient institution of local government and finally to facilitate the emergence of an intelligent and responsible public opinion. The system of administration that emerged on was also English language that was used as a medium of communication in the conduct of government business the country fought the civil war six year after independence and this was quickly followed about six year of oil boom which brought about extreme materialism.
The give rise to great indiscipline, corruption and a total contemplation order, honour and excellence within the whole society including the civil service. Having discussed the historical background of the civil service and its roles before and after independence it is necessary at this stage to define the term “productivity which is the main object of the research.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
There has been consistent low productivity in the civil service since Nigeria independence of Igbo. This study set out to asses the knowledge of job motivation and use of office work hour in the civil service in order to promote productivity.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of the study are to a large extent explained by the little promoting producing in the civil service. To be more specific the purpose are as follows:
To find out the things that make civil servants to perform below standards.
To identify the causes of low productivity duty motivated in order to avert the situation.
To ascertain the adequate means of motivation.
To identify if qualified personnel are employed.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The inadequacy of these factors affected this research in the following way: In the area of data collected in the analysis of the collected data. There was the problem of time in the collected of data. This is true in the sense that one has to make4 some trips from one place to another in search and collected of data and information unfortunately the cost of transportation has risen greatly these day making it difficult for the research to travel to all the place he would have wanted in connected with the research. Attitudes of Responsible.
At the time, the questionnaires were distributed to some member of staff of Enugu state civil service commission some felt reductant to receive it in the pretext that they were too busy with their office work. Some worker even complained that because they were civil servants, they could not answer every question.
The research question of the present study are to a large extent explained by the tittles: promoting productivity by in the civil service to be more specific the question are as follow:
I. What are the things that make civil servant to perform below standard?
II. What are the main causes of productivity decline in the civil servant?
III. What are the measures to be taken in order to redress the situation?
IV. Are civil servants motivated adequately?
V. Are qualified personnel employed
SIGNIFICATION OF THE STUDY
This research therefore aims at looking into these public complaints to find fact about them with the view to finding out their cause and how they could be checked so as to improve or promote the general productivity of the civil service when this is achieved the civil service will be a good productivity center which will turn lead to an improved welfare of the people it will also help the government in policy formulation to fight against those factor that bring about low productivity.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
In this research work the researcher based his research on the civil service commission in Enugu urban which has a number of worker with capability given the required information.
Considering the factor made on the scope of the study of this chapter that is the constraints, notable among them were time and money factor as the research was combining the research work and class work at the same time which are not easy. It is wise to use Enugu urban because it offers the opportunity for getting the required data.
This study also was limited to Enugu with the hope that conclusion reduced in the cause of the study would apply to other state civil service commission.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
PRODUCTIVITY: it has been defined as the volume of good and service produced pre work within some specified unit of the yesr month, week day and hour
STRATAGY: According to chandler (1962) strategy is the determination of long-term good and objectives of an enterprise and the adoption of cause of action and the allocation of resource necessary to carry out organization objective:
CONCEPTION: It is defined as an idea or plan that takes shape in the mind
EXCLUSIVE: this has been defined as the law making body
LEGISLATURE: this has been defined as the law making body.
INDEPENENCE: it is defined as the state of being self reliance.
EMPLOYMENT: this is defined as the act of bringing a worker in to an organization to work.
MOTIVATION: it entail getting the member of the learn to pull their weight effectively to give their loyalty to the group and the last to carry out proper the activities allocated.
IMPROVEMENT: it is defined as an act of making thing become belier.
SERVICE: this is defined as department or branch of public work, government employment.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
You can also check other Research Project here:
1, Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria