Full Project – STAFF RECRUITMENT, PLACEMENT AND EFFICIENCY IN THE ONDO STATE PUBLIC SERVICE
1.1 Background to the Study
The effective hiring, placement, and management of personnel are cornerstones of every successful business. Success in business relies on finding, interviewing, and ultimately hiring the best possible employees. Finding people who have the necessary experience and education for a job opening is a key aspect of this process. The next phase, following the conclusion of the recruiting process, is to assign the chosen individuals to appropriate positions within the organisation.
There are several reasons why it’s critical to efficiently hire and place new employees. First, it guarantees that the correct people are working in the proper roles, which boosts efficiency and output. When workers find fulfilment in their jobs, they are better able to do their jobs successfully and contribute to the company’s success. Reducing the time and money spent on finding and training new personnel is another benefit of effective staff recruiting and placement.
The government was having trouble attracting qualified applicants. Discrimination and favouritism were present during the hiring process for new government workers. According to Adebayo (1985), a country’s political culture can influence its citizens’ loyalty and dedication to state or public service aims. Particularism, in the form of strong and preeminent affiliation with familial or local groupings rather than more generalizable identification like that with the nation, is still prized in the political culture of the people of Ondo State Ilaje.
Our leaders and other public-minded individuals have tried for a long time to instill in the populace a sense of devotion and dedication to the nation and, more specifically, the state, but this has not improved the dire situation much. An inefficient civil service is one in which officials are appointed regardless of qualifications. Robert (1977) found that societies with a lot of racial and cultural diversity tend to be less productive. Therefore, the degree of link between the preferred individual and the individual showing favouritism, including any competing parties, is what ultimately decides who receives special treatment. An employer from Ilaje is more likely to hire someone from within the Ilaje clan than someone from a different clan because of the preference for hiring within one’s own clan.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
One of the elements that determines whether or not an organisation achieves its goals of greater productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness is the quality of its staff. Recruiting and placing people who are both competent and motivated is one of the best methods for any company to maintain a consistently high level of productivity.
Warton (1994) argues that an improvement in productivity, morale, supervision needs, supervision efficiency, effectiveness, organisational stability, and adaptability may be achieved by the systematic recruitment and placement of skilled people. He contends that workers’ ability to acquire new techniques, master new pieces of machinery, and adapt to significant shifts in job content and interpersonal dynamics may all be fostered by ongoing training. It has been noted that applicants are recruited not only on merit basis but also on non-merit criteria in Ilaje Local Government Council, notwithstanding the importance of recruitment and placement to the attainment of the organization’s set down goals. There is a lack of clear policy on the recruitment and placement of government officials, which is especially problematic in developing countries like Nigeria.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The purpose of this study is to provide deep-rooted information and data on the recruitment and placement of local government employee in the Ilaje Local Government Council.
Specifically, the study attempts to;
- Identify the recruitment and placement policies of the Ilaje Local Government Council.
- To find out the recruitment and placement procedures available in the council.
- To determine whether the recruitment and placement policies of Ilaje Local Government are well implemented or not.
- Find out the problems associated with the recruitment and placement of the council employees.
1.4 Research Questions
- What is the nature of the recruitment and placement polices in Ilaje Local Government of Ondo State?
- How can we explain the recruitment and placement of candidates on non-merit principles in the local government?
- Is there any relationship between the nature of the recruitment and placement policies of Ilaje Local Government of Ondo State and inefficiency of workers?
- What actually is the major cause of inefficiency, ineffectiveness and declining productivity in Ilaje Local Government Council?
1.5 Significance of the Study
The significance of the study presents the value or contribution which the research will make to the existing knowledge. Obasi (1999:73), asserts that research is most important tool for advancing knowledge and enables man to relate more effectively to his environment. The significance of this study is categorized into theoretical and empirical significance.
Practically, this study is considered significant because it will contribute in providing the decision makers and other key actors in the Nigerian public service with the road- maps that will necessitate prompt, responsive and efficient public service in Nigeria especially in matters relating to recruitment and placement of staff. It will also suggest the panacea through which the campaign against politicization of recruitment and placement of staff, corruption, lack of accountability and transparency, poor service delivery and general inefficiency in the Nigerian public service can be effectively tackled.
Last, but not the least, this study has the potential to strategically improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Nigerian public service through its advocacy on reforming the recruitment and placement procedures of public bureaucracies in Nigeria especially the behavioural aspect of the bureaucrats who are charged with personnel management and administration in public service. In this regard, this work is a practical pain staking “post mortem” surgical examination of the problems of Nigerian public service as well as the way forward.
1.5 Scope and Limitations of the Study
This study focuses on the evaluation of the effects of recruitment and placement procedures on the efficiency of the public services in Nigeria: a case study of Ilaje Local Government Council of Ondo State.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria