Full Project – SATISFACTION AND RETENTION: A KEY TO BUSINESS SURVIVAL IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF BERGER PAINTS NIGERIA PLC)
1.1 INTRODUCTION TO THE STUDY
In our society and the world at large companies are facing toughest competition ever. Before any business can go about winning customers and outperforming competitors, there is the need to do a thorough task of meeting and satisfying consumer needs. It is only customer centered consumers companies that are adapt at cllaming customers not just product. So many companies think that it is the marketing or sales department’s job to gain customers. If they cannot, the company draws the conclusion that is; the marketing people are not very good and are not effective in discharging their duties. But marketing is only one factor in attracting and keeping customers. The best marketing department in the world cannot sell products that are poorly made or fail to meet consumers needs.
The consumer is faced with an infinite number of choices in his buying behavior. He makes a decision on whether to spend his money or save it. If he chooses to spend it, he has a wide range of product choices available to him. Even within the relatively narrow field of paint industries the consumer has, from five to ten different brands of paints from which to choose in the average paint shop or depot, obviously, no one brand is going to be sold for long if it stops giving the customer what he wants. Hence, it is a total error for a marketing manager to believe that the consumer must buy his product.
The consumer bestows his favor on those who give him what he wants in product, price, promotion and convenience. The penalty for disobeying his mandate is almost certain failure. There are numerous illustrations of firms that refused to obey “Key consumer”, thereby incurring his wrath. At one time, the Waltham Watch Company was held in high esteem by watch buyers decided that the wrist watch was preferable to the pocket watch and subsequently, the consumers changed their buying habit, Waltham was stubborn until the consumer forced it to do so by refusing to buy pocket watches. Meanwhile, key consumer decided that he wishes his wrist watch to do more than ten times, he wanted a fashionably styled time piece. The majority of firm in that country immediately entered a competitive race on a fashion basis, but not Waltham. His refusal to produce a properly style watch eventually caused its failure.
Obviously, the consumer seldom directly commands a manufacturer.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The researcher must confine himself to the following inherent factors for prompt considerations”
Of what quality and quantity would they prefer to buy?
Is the price charged on the product not too high enough for them to bear?
Is there any welfare package available for the consumer at all?
Are company products readily available to any shortest possible notice from consumer?
Are there any positive responses from consumer as to the prospect of the business?
The researcher must however bear in mind and proffer proficient solution and answers to these numerous questions if he is to guarantee himself of success or survival of the business entrusted to him.
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective of this research study is to improve and increase the sales volume of the organization as a whole. The study allows for freedom of information (FOI) by the consumer (Consumerism). This is done by evolving customer complaint department so as for them to disclose their displeasure and grievance about the services being rendered to them either in term of price, quality, quantity, test marketing, and prototype as highlighted in the statement of problem written earlier.
It guarantees the future of the business at a profit. The study enables the consumer to participate actively through their willingness to buy the product and pay for the service rendered to them. As it is well known that consumer is a key, they dictate what business is i.e the prospect and exit of the business is to a large extent determined by him. The interest of consumer should be properly monitored for success accomplishment.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The important of the study is that it broadens and widens the researcher’s knowledge. The topic chosen has really increases or improves the standard of living of the researcher. The study serves as an impetus to participate actively without allaying fears or panic in the field of practice. The study being “Consumer Satisfaction and Retention as a key to business survival” plays a dominant role in any business ramification.
The study of this research study is a pre-requisite in partial fulfillment of the requirement for the award of Higher National Diploma in Marketing. The research equally creates awareness to the society at large as regards what consumer satisfaction is all about in running of the organization in the respect that it helps in solving problems associated with the satisfaction of consumers how consumer can be valued at a profit.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The market scope covers Ilorin Township to immediate consumer areas. The industrial scope will cover all the manufacturers of paint product. But the case study of this research will be BERGER PAINT NIGERIA LIMITED. The geographical aspect of the scope covers Ilorin metropolis area directed to the consumer.
The area of interest will be on the number of sales recorded in the five consecutive years (2003 – 2008).
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This are the varieties of problems faced white carrying out this research work. One of time is thane constraint. There is no adequate time or sufficient time for the researcher to visit and consult all necessary sales depots, distributors, and consumers of Berger paint Nigeria Limited, since they are not geographically sited in one region. In view of the limited time available for the final submission of this study, the researcher has to limit the research finding to Ilorin depot of the company since they offer likely services or operations.
The researcher however came about finding solution to this problem by taking one advantage of the semester break given by the school authority to consult and gathered all vital information’s necessary and needed for this research work from their various district and sales outlet (Berger Paint Nigeria Limited) such as Lagos depot of the company and Ibadan respectively. This done so as to update, equipped, and enlightening the researcher on the topic chosen.
The researcher is also faced with some administration problems from the staff of Berger Paint Nigeria Limited. The staff were always reluctant to grant interview being carried out by the researcher. The solution to this is achieved by re-orientating them and give a kind of incentive as motivation in order to change their lackadaisical attitude towards the researcher and their customer at large. Consumer satisfaction and retention. A key to business survival.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
CONSUMERS: These are groups of individuals who are buyers for consumption purpose. They are not buying to make profit, but to satisfy basic or psychological needs or wants.
TOTAL CONSUMER VALUE: This is the bundle of benefits consumer expects to derive from a given product or service.
TOTAL CONSUMER COST: This is the bundle of cost consumer expects to incur in evaluating, obtained using and disposing of the product or services.
MARKETING: Marketing is the total system of interrelating business activities designed to play price, promote and distribute want, satisfying goods and services to prospective customers. (would be customers).
SATISFACTION: Is all about pleasing the consumer by making available what they want, need at the right time, in the right place and with the right price. To provide them with what they want, needed or asked for.
RETENTION: All the activities involved in finding and retaining consumers and growing the business.
CONSUMER SATISFACTION: This is the way by which the consumer is pleased with the company aim and objective to make profit. It is the way by which the company makes every effort to make goods and services available for the consumer at the right time, in the right place and at the right prices.
BUSINESS SURVIVAL: This is all about the improvement or growth of the business. Meanwhile, the primary aim of any business is to minimize loss.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria