Full Project-RELEVANCE OF FINANCIAL RATIO ANALYSIS IN THE APPRAISAL OF SMALL SCALE BUSINESS
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Financial ratio analysis assumes that there is a relationship between certain aspects of the activities of the firm as revealed in the income statements, Accounting figures reported in the financial statement do not provide Profit and loss account and the balance sheet, which established a pattern of behaviour. The information contained in the financial statement of a company is connected with the financial well being and performance of the reporting entity, organized to enable users of financial statement to draw a conclusion meaningful understanding of the performance of the financial position of a firm, except the figure are analyzed with other relevant information through the use of financial ratio analysis. Having established the fact that a ratio is useful and reliable in measuring the relationship between two things, this then gives rise to the need to study the relevance of the financial ratio in the appraisal of small scale business.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The study is beset by a lot of problems which include:
– Problems of non-challant attitude on the use of financial ratio in the interpretation of accounting records of small scale business.
– Lack of available ratio for measuring the state performance of a company.
– Lack of competent management.
– Obsolete use of data.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main purpose of this study is to identify and consequently analyze the relevance of financial ratios in the appraisal of small scale companies in Cross river state. In view of the above, the researcher intends to find the following:
– To establish the extent to which accounting ratio can be use to interpret accounting records of small scale business.
– To identify the available ratio for measuring the state of performance of a company.
– To established the eect of ratio analysis on the users of financial statement.
– To ensure current data‟s are use in small scale business.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The study will examine the following questions:
– Dose non-challant attitude in the use of financial statement acts small scale business?
– Is ratio analysis a measure of quality into consideration when measuring the performance of the firm?
– Does obsolete use of data act small scale business?
– Is ratio analysis a dependable tool of financial analysis?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES Based on the problems and objectives, the following hypotheses are formulated for study.
H0: nonchalant attitude in the use of financial statement does not act small scale business
H1: nonchalant attitude in the use of financial statement acts small scale business.
H0: Obsolete use of data does not act small scale business
H1: Obsolete use of data acts small scale business
Ho: Lack of competent management does not act small scale business.
H1: Lack of competent management act small scale business.
1.6 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
This research work will help in determining how the performance of a company can be measured through the use ratio as a tool of financial analysis. The study will help in reflecting a qualitative relationship between financial statement of a different period and different firms. It will serve as a reference to other researchers with the mind of having in depth insight about ratios and its performance measuring abilities.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study as the case may be covers the relevance of financial ratio analysis in the appraisal of small scale business with particular reference to Mr. Biggs incross river state. The study takes a holistic approach in its research to unveil the relevance of financial ratio analysis in the appraisal of small scale businesses.
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The limitations involved in this research work include:
-Hostility and non cooperation on the part of the respondents.
-The levels of ignorance on ratios and illiteracy were very high e.g some business officials refused to answer questions as they felt they would be indicated.
-Also financial implications were soaring high and this imposed certain restrictions
-Finally, the constraint of time was a limiting factor as all the areas of interest were not covered by the researcher.
1.9 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF THE CASE STUDY
The company study Mr. Biggs plc. The research will delve into the relevance of financial ratio maintain in those organization in order to access the element the contain the role they play to interested parties both within and outside the organisations. Mr. Biggs plc Mr. Biggs a division of U.A.C Nigeria plc, which is regarded as one of the fastest growing quick service restaurants. It was founded in 1986 and since then, has restaurant services. Mr. Biggs is Nigeria first chain of fast food restaurant owned by conglomerate UAC of Nigeria plc. There are currently around first drive through restaurant, with another four locations in Ghana. The restaurant is styled aer mc Donald‟s and is known for its red and yellow colour scheme. Mr. Biggs history begins with coee shop inside Kingsway Department stores in the 1960‟s. In 1973, these shops were re-branded as Kingsway Rendezvous, which became Mr. Biggs in 1986.The chain rapid expansion aer becoming one of the first Nigerian companies to sell franchises to investors. Mr.Biggs specialty is the meat pie. a common lunch might also include scotch egg, a sugared donot, chicken and a so drink. Whilewestern fare such as hamburgers are served. Nigeria delicacies such as jollof rice and moi-moi are more popular. Birthday cakes are also a popular product and Mr. Biggs bakery oers cake and pastries.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria