Full Project – PRODUCTION OF ASSORTED SNACKS FROM COMPOSITE FLOUR WITH SPECIAL REFERENCES TO SWEET POTATO
This research was carried out to know the usefulness of our local root and tuber crops as composite flour in bakery industry. Also, to put the readers mind off on the use of imported wheat flour and allow varied menu in Nigeria diet. It is also to minimize government expenditure and eradicate difficulties in importing wheat flour.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content
- Background information
- Statement of problem
- Objectives of the study
- Importance of the study
- Scope and Limitations
- Review of relevant literature
- Methodology (Research procedure)
- The choice of sampling procedure
- Method of data collection
- Data compulation
Flour can be defined as white powder-like substance made from tuber crops e.g. sweet potatoes, cassava, yam and cocoyam. Among tuber crops, potato is by far the most efficient tuber crops in Nigeria in terms of tuber yield and days to mature. It matures in about 80-90 days as compared to 9-12 months respectively.
Okonkwo, et al, 1984 states that tubers yield 15-30 tones under Nigeria condition. Because of the short maturity period, two or more consequences planting of potato is possible in a year making. It is the highest yielding tuber crop in the country. The total production in 2007 was estimated at 800, 000 tones and at the present price of N12, 000 per tone; this is equivalent to foreign exchange saving about N3.5 billion in the country. However, because of increase in population growth and economic depression of the country, the government now comes up with SAP (structural Adjustment Programme) staling that Nigeria will henceforth maximize the utilization of foreign resources and raw materials so that importation of foreign food and items will be reduced to the nearest minimize.
Because of this, the importation of wheat and been reduced, which could not meet the demand of people. So in order to solve this problem, we now look at possibility of doing much research on the use of locally available tuber crops, such as sweet potato on the production of bakery products, they may serve the same purpose as wheat flour.
This project is therefore aimed at throwing light into composite flour as close substitute of wheat flour.
These flour mixtures are referred to as composite flour whether or not they contain wheat flour
These are usually two major types of composite flour.
- Mixture of wheat flour with local crop flour: the purpose is to substitute wheat flour with local crop flour to increase the nutritive value of the wheat flour.
- Pure mixture of potato flour: This is to known how good potato is in baking and in snacks.
- BACKGROUND INFORMATION
About 85% of the potato grown in Nigeria comes from Jos Plateau. The dry season production constitutes about 30% of the total production and the dry season crop is grown by those who have facilities for irrigation (Ene et al 2007). Potato is grown in both rainy and dry season. In Jos Plateau (14000m), Manbilla (18000m) and Bill (800m) Plateau.
Most Northern states such as Kano, Kaduna, Borno, Kwara, Yobe, Sokoto, Taraba Adamawa and Bauchi also grows potato during the harmattan months (November to February) when temperature is sufficiently low for potato production.
Introducing local tuber such as potatoes as substitute of wheat flour is the main objectives of this research work
- STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Much research has not been made on the use of local materials to produce flour in Nigeria; rather, the craze is for what flour that is imported, which is costly and not always available all the time.
The problem of wheat flour scarcity has rendered the catering profession handicapped. Dependant on it could not open eye of people in making research and develop our own local materials for production of flour to make snacks and other pastry goods.
Therefore, this research work is to find a way of eradicating the problem.
1.4 ASSUMPTION (CAUSES)
- Scarcity and high cost of wheat leads to research on local materials for production of substitutes.
- Attempt to making rich snacks has led to making composite flour from sweet potato.
- Locally produced flour compares favourably, if well handled to the foreign wheat flour.
- It is assumed that snacks made from those local materials are not that attractive to the eye.
- Composite flour suitable for snack making can be made from local materials.
- Tubers are in abundance for making composites flour in Nigeria.
- Snack made from composite flour derived from Nigeria tuber crops are comparable to that imported flour.
- It is assumed that snacks made from those local materials are not that attractive to the eyes.
1.6 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
- To concentrate on the use of our locally produced flour in making snacks.
- To create more varied diets to Nigeria menu
- To minimize cost in production, this will lead to cheap availability of menu for the family.
- To put forward the best method of processing the local crops.
1.7 IMPORTANCE OF THE STUDY
- To put the readers mind off on the use of imported wheat flour and to allow varied menu in Nigeria
- To minimize government expenditure and eradicate difficulties in importing wheat flour.
1.8 SCOPE AND LIMITATION
This research work will only cover the use of tubers crops to produce composite, with referenced to sweets potato.
There are a number of reasons that made the researchers to limit there comprehensive research to the above local materials. These reasons are TIME, SPACE AND FINANCES. These three factors limit our carryout a comprehensive study on this project.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria