Full Project – Mobile information system for grasscutter and snail farming
Agriculture itself is a science of farming. It can be practice for either animal production or crop production purposes. This study is based on farm mobile information system” a case study of a Grass cutter and snail farm Grass cutter and snail farm is an example of animal farm which is practiced for the purpose of animal production.
Once more the direction intention of this project is to computerize farm mobile information system have been operated manually. Mis in this organization was essentially operated with a great deal of human efforts, and in fact the activities of the organization in this system is less challenging, less complex and hence organizations do this extent small sized. Mobile information systems remain the system that aim at providing information for the management on a regular basis. This call to mind the time value of information which implies that when the required information is received behind the period it will be used, the information become useless. Mis dries to inform the manager how to provide the information. Management always aim at reading the climax in the decision performance fort attainment of organizational objective but this existing system could not attract such performance due to the lack of effective information tool which can provide the management with quality and needed information and at needed time.
This system always results to information over local which actually decreases the decision performance in any management. Information they say is power. Quality information is very vital do check in organization. The only information that can accelerate the management decision performance is the information that process the good quality of information. Such qualities of information comprise:
Despite these qualities management cannot achieve their objectives. The decision performance also depends on the manager himself. The manager must be able to identify problem, define the problem, analyse it and suggest a possible solution to the problem. And for manager to do these, he must be backup with information’s required. Due to the show mentioned faults and errors associated with the existing system of management information an alternative system is suggested which is a computerized system. The technology has created an interesting opportunity for all managers and as the technology is growing the researcher demand it necessary to let the blowing wind reach the farm managers (grass cutter and snail farm managers) in their management information system. A software is developed to replace this manual operation of Mis. This form of software is an expert system. Computerized farm mobile information system is a software package that contains a lot of files and records the file that was designed in detail is a sales file which each of its record consist of files like varieties of Grass cutter and snails, quantity, price, weight, subtotal, total amount grand total etc.
1.0 Background of the Study
Micheal Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike, farm project, (MOUAU FARM) stated its operation in MOUAU between 2001-2002 under the management of MRS MARIA UCHEIJ. (MOUAU FARM) started it operation with about three kinds of animals sections, poultry department cow department, goat department and crop department. As MOUAU FARM seems to be a world of its owner, the manager did not relent at all instead he worked indefatigably expand and introduce other animals to the animal department.
Around 2006, there came the expansion of the organization / management. That was when the idea of introducing Grass cutter and snail farm section was accepted in anticipation of the management goals achievement. This led to the origin of Grass cutter and snail farm in this management. The Grass cutter and snail farm they said has provide worthwhile, it has contributed a lot to the labour market and to the management itself. The Grass cutter and snail farm are divided into subsection headed by the manager.
The sections are.
- Grass cutter sections
- snail Sections.
The management is also divided into management sections. Thus.
- Stock keeping
- Health care
- Marketing and Sales.
1.1 Objective of the Study.
The objective that led to this research work is basically to expose the Nigeria farmers in general and especially MOUAU FARM manager with the effective, efficient, accurate and timely form of mobile information system. That is to replace manual MIS with computerized MIS. The researcher hopes to achieve the following after this research thus
- To equip all the manage with quality information on regular basis.
- To eliminate the steady decline in the management.
- To automate all the activities of Mis
- To accelerate decision performance
- To design an expert system.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
It is very unfortunate that the technology potentials have not been fully or even adequately realized in the field of farm management information. Very little farm managers have grabbed this powerful it opportunities. This has put managers and researchers behind. Some of the problems militating against high decision performance and achievement of management goals are as follows:
- Lack of quality information tool.
- Lack of specialist in the field. Lack of technical – known how.
- Lack of sufficient fund
- Poor service render by the government
- Poor perception of economic benefit.
- Management decline
- Immobility etc.
1.3 Significance of the Study
In the event of the above mentioned faults and errors discovered in the manual system. It is believed that the introduction of a computerized system of Mis will change the whole thing positively. It will totally eliminate the inherent problem which will in turn bring about immense cash value to word alive agriculture farm and to all farm managers in Nigeria.
It will definitely expose and enlighten the staff and managers of farm in a MOUAU FARM on what they supposed to know about their management. In addition, it will bring about more noticeable contribution and improvements to both the headquarters and other branches nationwide to be able to defined their problems and find out large on the favourable side.
Through the researcher restricted the study to MOUAU FARM, the result of the findings will let of immense benefits to all Nigeria farm managers and as well to students conducting similar research work on the same or related topics.
1.4 Scope of the Study
In the study of this nature, one would like to accumulate information from many areas, But, in the view of the time given for this research such a wide range could not be reached. The researcher therefore, concentrated on the management information of Grass cutter and snail in Nigeria.
1.5 Definition of Terms
Terms associated to this topic are to be define below. Thus.
Confine System – This is type of management system that does not interact with the system’s environment. The grass cutters and snails under this system are controlled they are not expose to the environment, their feeding and all management are controlled by persons.
- Computer – A machine used in modern times in organization and homes do manipulate data.
- Data – Is a row fact that has no meaning.
- Database – A collection of interrelated data stared with controlled redundancy to serve one or more application.
- Information – Information is a data that has been evaluated. It is a processed data.
- Information Overload – A situation which the sheer amount of information in a system is simply too great to be coped with by the information management available. It is overflow of information which slow down decision performance.
- Information system- A systematic way of organizing the handling of information, from information gathering to information retrieval and use.
- Management – The process of procuring, allocating, combing and utilizing or organizational resources expressed usually as 3ms (men, materials and money) through planning organizing directing and controlling activities of work of the organization member to reach certain stated objectives.
- Mobile Information System –Mis is an integrated and holistic reporting network system in an organization that provides planning and controlling information for effective decision making.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Full Project – Mobile information system for grasscutter and snail farming