Full Project-INVESTORS & THE NIGERIA FINANCIAL MARKET
This work studied an existing investors and Nigeria Financial Market. In undertaking this research, three research objectives were pursued. Primary and Secondary Sources of data were used, the data collected were then presented, analyzed and interpreted by the use of tabular method of data presentation. The primary source contained direct account of event to phenomena such accounts are obtained from observation, interviews and questionnaire source at the various locations of the data. The data are made up of information that was generated specifically for this study so as to gain our insight into the research topic and confer as much authenticity as possible to this task. The secondary data were in existence before the need to conduct this research topic. The sources of data collected under this category include: Newspapers and magazine, Journals, textbooks. This collection helped to reveal the transaction or relationship of the financial market and investors. From the response gotten from the sampled frame in the questionnaires one will clearly see that both companies are a million miles away form the risk seeking class of investors. Some of the investors prefer the risk aversion class while other prefer the risk neutralizing classing. But from the Hypotheses test, it could be inferred that there is no significant relationship between the risk class, an investor belong and the profitability return on investment. The study also revealed that the company has been able to turn up to the expectation of the people.
INVESTORS AND THE NIGERIA FINANCIAL MARKET
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Most business organizations are financed by debt capital and equity contribution of its shareholders. The company raises its equity capital by new share issues and by means of retained earnings which are plough back for future dividends and earning growths. New shares may be offered for sales to members of the public who are invited to subscribe or to existing share holders who are invited to apply for additional shares. The financial market is that market where companies or firms raises needed funds for their on-going operations as well as for long term capital expenditures. These firms, may also temporarily place its surplus in quick yielding short term investments until its final disposition. This market is the mechanism that exist in order to facilitate the exchange of financial assets.
The market functions effectively with the activities of financial intermediaries that issues financial claims against themselves. This means that they sell financial assets representing claims on themselves in return for cash. In disclosing the operations of the market, it is pertinent to reveal how an investor should go about making decisions on marketable securities in which to invest, how extensive the investment should be and when the investment should be made, this research work is aimed at revealing the secrets of sound investment. Investors and members of the financial market will find this work very useful.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The joy that is associated with successful investment is always applauded with great financial returns. Investors are generally confronted with the problem of returns. There is always differences in their expected return and what turns out to be the actual return in investments held by them. Hence, within the confines of the Nigerian financial market, the following difficulties arises. How are securities bought and sold? How do investors take decisions about marketable securities in which to invest? How should seasoned Investors go about minimizing the problems of risk held in their investment? All these issues are to be addressed in the plight of this work.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
Like any market, the financial market is where buyers and sellers meet in order to exchanges things for money and money for other things, since this market has no physical location or place but rather comprises of thousands or even millions of participants and offices linked by a vast network of telecommunications which brings its buyer and seller together. This research work has the following objectives in mind to expose the activities of jobbers and Brokers in the operations of the market. To be able to show how a successful investor can evaluate his risk, thereby constituting a better portfolio for efficient returns. Also to be able to acquaint investors with the pricing system, especially that of the capital market.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research work is to provide the general public with the merit of investing their surplus funds rather than tying it down. It will serve as a guide to enlighten them on the operational system of the Nigeria financial market. This project work is intended to serve as an aid to the general public, investors, students of financial management in our various institutions of higher learning and shall also be of great importance to financial analyst in carrying out their various dealings in the financial market.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The coverage of this work includes, to acquaint investors with the advantages of undertakings in the financial market. This research work also cover the various organizations that constitute the Nigeria financial market. It also included, how we can deal with the risk we hold in our investment. However, this work centres around the operations in the money market and the capital market.
1.6 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Some financial organizations are sampled are the information needed are collected through the following sources.
INTERVIEWS Oral but structural interviews were held with some firms, companies, and financial managers.
QUESTIONNAIRES Questionnaires were made and sent to some financial organizations. This provide a large part of the primary data of the research. Books: Some journals and related magazines were researched into and relevant information was extracted for the benefit of this work. The types of report or data sorted were completely in pursuit for the attainment of this goal.
1.7 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
This research work is limited to the effective investment process by investors in the financial market. The reports used are restricted to some of the financial institutions within the locality of Enugu State and Benue State. Efforts made by me in carrying out this task was very successful but then a lot of factors militates against my expansion of this topic, among which are finance. The money required in my transportation fare were only capable in carrying me through some corporate institution within Benue State, otherwise, I would have visited the exchange head office. Also the inability of some financial managers in some of the firms I sent in my questionnaires to return them also gave me some uncomfortable break in my effort. Despite all the odds I strived so hard to come out with several but useful information for this work.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
For the purpose of this work the terms used in the presentations of this report shall be define as follows:
i) Investors: Person(s) either natural or artificial who undertakes investment
ii) Bonds: This is a long term promising note issue by a business organization or government when they need to borrow money
iii) New Issues: This is bonds first issue
iv) Outstanding Bond: This refer to a bond that has been floating for a while in the market
v) Par Values: The stated face value of the usual set it represent the amount of money the firm borrows or promise to pay at some future time.
vi) Profitability: Analysis: This is the ratio of deciding whether the company will make a profit or loss.
vii) Coverage Ratio: The ratio used to determine how much revenue is able to cover some of the interest earn.
viii) Right Issue: This is the method whereby a company offers more of its shares to existing shareholders by allowing them buy certain quantity of the issues in proportion to what they already hold.
ix) Portfolio: This is a collection of Investment Securities.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria