Full Project-INTERNAL CONTROL AS AN EFFETIVE MANAGEMENT TOOL IN THE BANKING INDUSTRY;;
INTERNAL CONTROL AS AN EFFETIVE MANAGEMENT TOOL IN THE BANKING INDUSTRY (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC, ENUGU MAIN)
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Internal control is control within the company. In this type of control employees within the establishment can be useful sources which could be very helpful of more effectiveness of the desired goal. This means that it must be within the establishment’s restraints, authority or command. It involves a check within the banking industry to facilitate the effectiveness of its management. The banking industry of every economy consists of all the activeness of financial institutions geared towards setting and maintaining a healthy cash flow and management policy in such economy.
Banking industry cannot perform their functions very well without maintaining a sound internal control. This is the reason for the study of internal control and its role in the effective management of the banking industry. According to the Canadian institute of chartered accountants, exposure draft of proposed auditing recommendations, internal central comprise of the plan of an organization and all the co-ordinate systems established by the management of the enterprise to achieve management’s objective of ensuring as far as it is practical. The orderly and efficient conduct of its business including the preparation of reliable financial information.
Murphy in her text described internal control as the plan of organization and all of the co-ordinate methods and measures adopted within a business to safeguard its assets, check the accuracy and reliability of its accounting data, promote operational efficiency and encourage adherence to prescribed managerial policies. Internal control system could be viewed as a firms organization plan including all methods and measures the firm takes to:-
1. Safeguard it’s assets
2. Ensure the accuracy and reliability of its accounting data.
3. Promote operational efficiency and
4. To encourage compliance with organization policies.
It is the responsibility of management to determine the internally control system which is appropriate to the organization. The nature and extent of controls will vary between organizations. That is, it differs from one organization to another. The control used will depend on the nature, size and volume of the activities and the degree of control which management are able to exercise personally, geographical distribution and many other factors.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Most business organizations in Nigeria of which banking industry is one of them are known for their inability to keep complete and accurate records, and quite often lose some of their assets both financial and others under their control to fraudulent workers, and other enemies of progress who adopt any strategy possible to satisfy their selfish interest at the detriment of the public interest. The main problem of this research work are as follows:- To identify the nature, weaknesses and limitations interest in the internal control system as regards the banking sector using the first Bank of Nigeria PLC, Enugu main as a case study. In the real sense, the banking system suppose to reap its full benefits, but the system cannot work where there is management and operational inefficiency among the workers an this will result to a general profitability in the banking system. this can only be remedied through the corrective measures which will be provided as this study proceeds.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
A good internal control system is essentially indispensable to every organization that has portfolio of assets and bulky transaction to undertake. It is with due knowledge of this indispensable nature of good internal control system to organizations mostly of the banking industry that this research work have designed to base the research to :-
(i) Evaluate how effectively the management has relied on internal control for decision making and corporate goal attainment.
(ii) Ensure that proper and accurate accounting system is maintained.
(iii) Appraise the cost-benefit of installation of internal control.
(iv) Create awareness of the importance of internal control.
(v) Make recommendations where necessary.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research work focuses on Banking industry, using the first Bank of Nigeria PLC, Enugu main as a case study. First Band of Nigeria Plc has its headquarters at Lagos and five zonal banking units which includes central, East, North, West and Lagos Banking operations. This study will look into banking operations especially the following aspects of internal control of the selected areas as:-
(a) The authorization custody and recording.
(b) The nature of segregation of duties
(c) The internal checks and internal audit in operation.
(d) The aspects of supervisory
(e) The other control measures being exercised and their adherent to management policies and guidelines
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
For the purpose of this research work to be achieved, the following hypothesis were formulated:-
HO: Effective management and accountability is not independent of the internal control system.
H1: Effective management and accountability is independent of the internal control system.
HO: The profitability and operational efficiency of a bank has no relationship with its internal control system.
H1: The profitability and operational efficiency of a bank has relationship with its internal control system.
HO: Adherence to laid down rules does not help effective management.
H1: Adherence to laid down rules helps effect management.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research work on “Internal control as an effective management tool in the banking industry” will be useful to bankers, insurers, Auditors, and other researchers.
(i) To the insurers, bankers and other financiers: The operators of the banking system whose sector is being threatened to winding up, may learn some useful reasons from the findings of the research.
(ii) To other Researchers: People who may be carrying out research in this area will certainly find this work relevant. It can serve as a source of information to them. They can find it very useful during their research work.
(iii) To the External Auditors: The findings of this study will be of a great help to the external auditors in determine the extent of work to be carried out by them since they rely on internal control system of their clients.
(iv) To the Students and the General Public: Students as well as the general public who want to acquire knowledge of internal control in the banking industry will equally benefit form this study.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria