Full Project – GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING AS A SOLUTION AS A CRIME AND AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOUR IN NIGERIAN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS
Background to the Study
A crime is an act or omission that is judged to be detrimental to the public welfare, morals, or the state’s interests and is thus illegal. This is a legal infraction. The commission of a crime is the deliberate conduct of an act that is often regarded detrimental or dangerous to society and is specifically defined, banned, and punished by criminal law (Lochner, 2004).
Behavioral scientists commonly describe aggression as behavior designed to cause harm to another person. Physical, verbal or nonverbal, and relationship violence are all types of aggressiveness. Typically, crime is viewed as a more severe kind of physical violence that is more likely to end in bodily damage (Lederman and Loayza, 2000).
Schools and colleges are cherished institutions that contribute to the nation’s foundations and provide a platform for future generations’ progress and stability. As a result, crime and violent behavior at schools and universities have become one of the nation’s most pernicious societal issues. Not only does it have an impact on the individuals involved in the criminal occurrence, but it also impedes society progress and stability. In that view, it is critical to study the features of crime and aggressiveness in schools, colleges, and universities, as well as the offenders who allegedly commit these offenses, in order to develop strategies for reducing crime and violent behavior in these institutions. The country must get a better understanding of crime and violent behavior in schools, colleges, and universities (Matthews, 2001). However, no research has been conducted on the issue of ‘Crimes and Aggressive Behaviors in Nigerian Universities: Guidance and Counseling as a Panacea’—the very lacuna that this research effort seeks to address.
The various issues associated with criminal behavior and aggressive behavior in Nigerian universities that this research work cannot avoid addressing include cultism, vandalism, rape, sexual harassment, examination malpractices, drug abuse, victimization, theft, violence, and destruction of school property. The society, broken families, parental influence, peer group pressure, media influence, television violence, poverty, affluence and riches, parental unemployment, and illiteracy are all precursors to these problems. Additional examples include over-enrollment of students in universities, poor learning environments, inadequate parenting skills, admission of unprepared students to universities, lecturers’ strikes, a lack of proper orientation provided to students, the society, cult activities in schools, insufficient religious and moral instruction, broken homes, social skills deficits, poverty, and parental wealth, among others (Usher, 1997).
Numerous African colleges, especially those in Nigeria, have experienced adolescent criminal activities that are entwined with campus fraternities. The alarming trend has spawned several ideas about how it began and what might be done to halt it. The purpose of this study was to examine the primary theoretical views on campus crime and the psychopathological behavior associated with it among Nigerian adolescents, as well as the underlying reasons. Additionally, it examines empirical data on risk factors, peer influence, developmental pathways, and physiological markers, subtyping of aggressiveness, gender variations in risk behavior patterns, and frequent causes and antecedents of violent behavior in Nigerian institutions. The review is selective and limited to theoretical arguments, empirical data, and investigative approaches that allegedly best match Nigerian sociocultural frameworks. Guidance and counseling were recommended as an intervention strategy in light of current empirical research that supports these theoretical conclusions. The framework establishes a connection between campus crime and violent behavior and important socioeconomic elements such as psycho-personality bias, frustrated aggression hypothesis, ethos-political theory, and environmental views. It is suggested that, as a complex dynamic process, campus criminal activities and aggressive behavior should be measured and analyzed with the goal of providing a possible solution through guidance and counseling, and that the school guidance program and techniques that could be used should be specified (Ikwumelu and Eluu, 2014).
We will examine Nigerian university undergraduates and their parental influence, as well as how university employees might contribute to violent and criminal behavior at institutions.
As a result of the foregoing, studies indicate the importance of guiding and counseling as a panacea for resolving all problems produced by society, friends, family, school, and other variables.
Statement of the Problem
The situation of crime and aggressive behaviour in Nigerian university today, is such that the Nigerian universities are theatres of crime and aggressive behaviours. Students on campuses exhibit different criminal traits like unlawful possession of arms, cultism related activities, gangsterism, murder, drugs use and pushing, rape e.t.c. for example, aggrieved students resolve to jungle justice of either killing or hurting the lecture. Cultists’ philosophy like “forgiveness is a sin” is a pivotal role in how students who are involved in the despicable acts relate with others on campus that may cross their paths.
The possible causes of these criminal acts and aggressive behaviours are traceable to media influence, media violence, socio-economic status of the parents; for example, where the parents are high class and wealthy, the child status could develop criminal instinct hoping that the parents’ status can cover his misbehaviours or where they are poor, the child could become so needy that he becomes greedy and then do terrible things; broken homes etc.
While scholars like Lochner, L, M.B.I. Omoniyi, Albert treated crime as a sole concept, and scholars like Albert Bandura, Nnamdi Obikeze, Stev. Ikwumelu treated aggressive behaviour as another sole despicable concept; this research work is geared towards establishing that usually there is an outstanding relationship between the two concepts, as every major crime is an offshoot of aggression.
This research work will therefore seek to address those problems associated with criminal acts and aggressive behaviours in universities and then proffer necessary solution through guidance and counselling.
Objectives of the Study
The study examines guidance and counselling as a solution as a crime and aggressive behaviour in Nigerian tertiary institutions.
The objectives of this study are to:
- Examine the nexus between parental care and student criminal act and aggressive behaviour.
- Identify causes of crime and aggressive behaviours in the universities.
- Examine how guidance and counselling can provide solution to universities students’ criminal act and aggressive behaviour.
- Examine how the society contributes to student criminal act and aggressive behaviour.
The following research question shall be answered in the course of the study;
- Is there a nexus between parental care and student criminal act and aggressive behaviour?
- What is the connection between socio-economic status of parent and crime and aggressive behaviour?
- What are the societal factors contributing to crime and aggressive behaviour?
- Can guidance and counselling be a panacea to crime and aggressive behaviour?
Operational Definition of Terms
In carrying out this analysis, the following concepts would be adopted and defined according to their usage in the analysis.
CRIME: Crime is the intentional commission of an act usually deemed socially harmful of dangerous and specially defined, prohibited, and punishable under the criminal law.
AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOUR: Aggressive behaviour is behaviour that causes physical or emotional harm to others, or threatens others.
GUIDANCE: Guidance can be defined as a help which enables “each individual to understand his abilities and interests, to develop them as well as possible and to relate them to life goals and finally to reach a state of complete and mature self-guidance as a desirable member of the social order”.
COUNSELLING: Counseling is a person-to-person relationship that involves two individuals – one seeking help and the other, a professionally trained person who can help the one in need of assistance.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria