Full Project-INCREASING CUSTOMERS TRAFFICS THROUGH PUBLC RELATIONS
The study focused on increasing customer traffic through public Relations: a case study of first Bank PLC Enugu. The objective of the study among others include:to determine the impact of Public Relations on increasing costumer traffic …to know how Public Relations helped in improving communications between organization and its Public …to find out if Public Relations activities of First Bank impacts on its Profit.
Based on these, three hypothesis were formulated each focusing on impact of specific Public Relations. Information were sourced from extensive literature on journals, textbooks and materials of the area of study were reviewed. Primary data were sourced from respondents comprising customers, relevant staff and management of First Bank Plc.Data collected were presented in statistical tables, analyzed and interpreted. Based on the analyses, some of the following findings were made; – It was discovered that the customers of first bank are satisfied with the Public Relations activities of the bank but it requires improvement as indicated by the few that were not satisfied. – The researcher equally discovered that the their service charges were moderate and quality of their services commendable, but a reasonable number complained that they spend more than an hour attending to them, equally of note is that some of their staff are arrogant. Based on the findings the researcher made the following recommendation: – The management should internalized Public Relations activities in their operations for improve Public Image and the companies sustenance. – The Public Relations function should be defined to avoid confusion in the organization. It should be clearly defined to include relationship with other publics and not only press Relations, publicity, lobbing and counseling, the relationship should be clearly incorporated. This when carried out will lead to the achievement of the organizational goals.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Public Relations has be come a potent tool in modern business management in recent times. A public is any group that has an actual or potential inert in or impact on a company ability to achieve its objective. The main goal of pubic Relations are to create, maintain and protect the organization reputation, enhance its prestige and a favourable image. According to Edoga (2008:30) defined Pubic Relations as the Management function that establishes and maintain mutually beneficial relationship between the organization and the publics on whom its success or failure depends and Pubic Relations is an organizations effort to win the cooperation of group of people.
Nwokoye (1984:212) defined Public Relations as the activities of cooperation union, government or other organizations in building and marketing sound and productive relations with special public such as costumers, employers or stockholders and with the public at large. So as to adapt itself to its environment and interpret itself society.
Busch and Houston(1995:200) noted that Public Relations is management function which evaluates public altitude, identifies policies and procedures of an individual or an organization with the public interest and executes a programme of action to earn public understanding and acceptance. Public Relations (PR) is the management of internal and external communication of an organization to create and maintain a positive image.
Public Relations is management directing responsibility, because business can only think/ survive by virtue of continuing public approval “ with public sentiment nothing can fail, without it nothing can succeed” ]](Irving Smith kegan, 1977:2) quoting Abraham Lincoln. Public Relations is aimed at making friends for the organizations and building internal and external goodwill on the reasonable that the are strongly needed for an organization to remain in business and make profit. With the increase in the activities of an organization, the need for adequate communication between the organization and those who in one way or the other are affected by the activities of the organization becomes more imperative.
An organization while wanting to remain viable, need to have good relations with its employees, customers of its products/ services , future investors, stockholders and Infact the general public. As an organization specialized in manufacturing or offering services, it needs to show its staff existing or potential customers that it is up to date, forward looking, concerned to product, offer the best goods /services for the price it charges and to make sure that it customers are really satisfied. There is proliferation of Banks, this has brought about keen competition in the industry. This competition impacts negatively on the profit of the First Bank plc in Enugu. The question that comes to mind is how can First Bank survive in this competition, making sure that they have customers.
Manufactures and producers of goods and services are aware that the Public Relations does not only ensure that good relations with the public but can strive towards profit making through increased customers patronage. It is in the light of the importance attached to Public Relations that the researcher seeks to examines the role of Public Relations in increasing customer traffic with special interest in First Bank PLC Enugu.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
A good corporate image is usually regarded to be essential for the existence of an organization, the success or failure of a cooperation depends on its relationship with its special Publics, consumers, employees, stockholders, government, community, distribution-dealers, suppliers and others. A favourable corporate image creates confidence in an organization. The Banking industry is very competitive, various Banks uses marketing strategy to get customers. One of the marketing strategies adopted by banking industry is the use of Public Relations. Public Relations has been found to be very effective but it does not go with out some problems.
Thus, in this study, the researcher critically looked at the following:
(i) How can the company managed the cost of Public Relations?
(ii) How can the Public Relations of the company be made more effective?
(iii) What is the state of attitudes and beliefs?
(iv) What is the corporate image of those organizations?
(v) What are the Public Relations objectives of the organdies?
The researcher is therefore poised to highlight the problem areas and how it enforce its Public image so as to create a favourable corporate image among their special Publics, leading to increased customer traffic.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
– Toascertain how Public Relations help in eliminating misunderstanding
– To recommend solutions to the problems on Public relations identified
– To know how Public Relations helped in improving communication between people and the organization
– To determine the impact of public Relation on increased customer traffic
– To determine the impact of Public Relations on customer patronage.
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
Threehypotheses were formulated to give focus to this study.
H01: Public relations activities of First Bank do not lead to increased customer patronage
H1: Public relations activities of First Bank lead to increased customer patronage
H02: Customers are not satisfied with the public Relations activities of the Bank
H2: Customers are satisfied with the public Relations activities of the Bank
Ho3: Public relations activities impact negatively on the activities of First Bank
H3: Public relations activities impact positively on the activities of First Bank
1.5 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
PublicRelations element include to inform, persuade and integrate-informing, persuading and integrating who it’s general public whether in an organization, among individuals or public corporation like the Banks. The study will help the personal satisfaction for one to know if they have effectively improved in their communication between their management and their general public: To know how corporate is their programme and how they interact with customers: To know if they customers are impressed with their services or not and to know if they are improving or failing. It will equally helped the researcher and the readers who are interested in caring out a related study
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is aimed at First Banks operation within Enugu. It also concentrate on increasing customers traffic through public Relations because of money and time constraints
1.6 DEFINITIONS OF TERMS
Public corporation –independent bodies set up by status to carry out duties entrusted to it by status.
Public Relations (PR) – it is that management function which has to do with reconciling or managing the interest of the organization and the interest of the publics through effective two way communication based on truth and information.
Publics – this is any group that has an actual or potential interest in or impact on a company’s ability to achieve its objective Kotler (2009:523) 13th edition.
Image—mental picture or idea, view, opinion of something such as service or product held by the public
Corporate image—having held or belonging to a corporation, the image such as a corporation builds for itself could be favourable or unfavourable Opinion and Altitude—belief or judgment not founded. A complete knowledge. What the people feels, thinks or believe about something
Corporate objective—the aim of a company, point of view which a firm directs its material and human resources to achieve a particular set goal.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria