Full Project – Employees discipline and organizational performance
1.1 Background to the study
The term “Discipline” has always been a very vital concept from time immemorial from the time of Adam and Eve to this present day, discipline has always been a vital factor which most people have failed to adhere to. Adam and Eve were driven out of the Garden of Eden for lack of discipline, Mrs. Patricia Olubunmi Etteh, former most powerful woman in Nigeria and ex-speaker of the federal house of representatives was disgraced out of office for lack of discipline and also, I will not fail to mention one of our past honorable minister of health, Prof. Adenike arrange and her minister of state for health Mr. Gabriel Adukwu who were forced to resign their appointments over the N 300 m health capital money they fail to account for at the end of the (2007) financial year which was grossly mismanaged. The entire above listed example depict a true picture of a lack of discipline in all spheres of human endeavor or actions. This is analyzed from a general perspective.
The core of this study “the impact of employee discipline on the productivity of business organization” basically revolves around the key word “discipline” for the purpose of the study the word “discipline can be termed an independent variable such as productivity, business are dependent upon”.
An effective and efficient productivity of a business organization cannot be made possible without the vital impact of employee discipline. The focus of this study is to analyze how from a business organization perspective, the impact of employee discipline on the productivity of a business organization. the end result of this study will provide a better framework, recommendation and suggestions on how employee adherence to discipline can bring about improved consensus (agreement of minds) between workers’ and management.
It is also the intention of this research work to find out if employee discipline is really making a remarkable progress in the productivity of a business organization. every business organization has an objectives for its existence and employees on their own part have their own objectives of taking up a job it has thus been observed that in most cases of employment situations, the workers objectives are usually at variance on in conflict which the objectives of the organization. The means by which an organization can ensure that this conflict is ameliorated or reduced to the barest minimum is by deploying disciplinary measures to curb the excesses or disloyalty of the employees or workers.
Frankly speaking, employee discipline is a form of training and when problem of discipline arises, it may be seen or attributable to the management or the workers. Basic disciplinary measures enables employee to learn more about the requirements of the job which enhances their positive contribution toward the realization of the objective of the organization.
This study thus revolves around the positive contributions which employees discipline can bring about in the productivity and the objective of the business organization.
In most cases, when organizations want to offer basic services, the seek varieties of objectives which would suit their client or customers and make the customers patronize the organizations the more. Most employee objectives is based on benefits and services which they enjoy in an organization i.e fringe benefit, harmonization of other accruable benefit etc.
1.2 Statement of the problem
Most employees in various organizations find it difficult in adopting discipline to guide their conduct and operations since discipline holds the key that is capable of unlocking the various internal problems which usually occur between workers and their management. Adapting an effective discipline mechanism can contribute immensely to the achievement of an organizations goal and objectives.
It is very glaring that employees in order to achieve their personal objectives often tend to be selfish and self-centered. The major issue which necessitates the need for this study is about combing this selfish and self-centeredness act of employees which in most cases becomes a clog in the wheel of progress of any organization that engages in the services of these employees.
This study basically aims at explaining the various measures by which employee and organizations can work hand in hand to realize their mutual objectives. This is because if the objectives of each party are left unachieved, definitely they have not fulfilled the purpose of their existence. This is the problem under investigation in this study.
1.3 Objectives of the study
At the end of this study, this research work seeks to;
(i) Identify the disciplinary methods/procedures that exist in the Dangote Cement, Obajana Kogi state.
(ii) Find out the discipline between discipline and efficiency in the performance of workers in Dangote Cement, Obajana Kogi state.
(iii) Find out whether there will be a positive impact of attitude by employees when disciplined.
(iv) Determine where discipline has contributed to the organizational productivity
(v) Assess the impact of employee discipline on the integration of both workers and management in achieving a common goal.
1.4 Research hypothesis
The following hypothesis are formulated for the research work, which the study is expected to provide answer to, are as follow: –
Ho: staff control and discipline do not exist in the Dangote Cement, Obajana Kogi State.
Hi: Staff control and discipline exist in the Dangote Cement, Obajana Kogi State.
Ho: There is no significant relationship between employee discipline and organizational performance.
Hi There is a significant relationship between employee discipline and organizational performance.
Ho: Disciplinary measure has not positive impact on employees attitude
Hi: Disciplinary measure has a positive impact on employees attitude
Ho: Discipline has not significantly contributed to the performance of Dangote Cement Company, Obajana.
Hi: Discipline has significantly contributed to the performance of Dangote Cement Company’s.
Ho: Employees discipline has no impact on the integration of both workers and management in the achievement of their common goal.
Hi: Employees discipline has impact in the integration of both workers and management in the achievement of their common goal.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is on the issue “Staff control and discipline in the Business Organization in Nigeria using Dangote Cement, Obajana Kogi State as a case study”. The study is therefore, very significant because it will enable there searcher highlight on the concepts control and discipline and its relevance in organizations. And this will be of immense benefit to the superiors in the Nigeria public, since the ability to apply his will help them to stem the tide of in efficiency and low performance in this sector.
This study will be of great benefit to the workers in the public service as the study will unveil some of the disciplinary methods and procedures and their effect son workers. Therefore, workers will be opportune to have insight and take necessary correction for improve performance in the public service.
Private sector organizations would benefit from this study because the findings and subsequent recommendations by the researcher will make them learn more about control and discipline and its impact on workers performance and this will enable them know how to apply them in their sector.
This study would be significant to the researcher as it would serve as an achievement in the academic circles.
Finally, this study have to contribution to the existing knowledge, and it will be of immense benefit to students. They will find this study very useful since the information they will gather, would assist them specially those who may wish to carry out further research on the subject matter in future.
1.6 Scope of the study
This research work is on the employee discipline and organizational performance with a particular focuses on Dangote Cement, Obajana Kogi state.
1.7 Limitations and scope of the study
There are many problems and limitation encountered in the course of carryout this research work.
- Financial and time constraint.
- Inability of some staff to give accurate information beneficial for effective analysis of problem at hand.
iii. Inability to secure appointment for interview with the organization.
However, it’s the hope that these limitations will not have over bearing effects on the reliability of the workers.
- Definition of Key Terms
- Discipline: Hornby (2010) sees discipline as the “training, especially of the mind and characters, to produce self-control habit of obedience, e.t.c. second, Webstar (2011) defined the concept as “punishment inflicted by way of correction and training”.
- Employee: Oxford Learning Dictionary define employee as a “person employed by another in return for wages and salaries”. An employee is who gets paid to work for a person or company.
- Business: Hooper (2012) defines business as the whole complex field of commerce or basic industrial process and manufacturing industries. And the whole network of auxiliary services, banking distribution insurance and transport which serve and interpenetrate the business as a whole.
- Organization: Allen and Meyer (2009) define organization as a social unit of people that is structured and managed to meet a need or to pursue collective goals.
- Staff: Armstrong (2010) defines staff as a number or group of regularly paid workers in a work place or organization.
- Effectiveness: Koopmas (2014) refers as ability to bring about the intended result. An organization is therefore, effective when it is able to achieve its sets goals and objectives.
- Management: Adams (2003) refers the term management as human at the helm of affairs in an organization.
- Private Service: Banda (2004) defines private service as an organization (private owned) through which individual use it execute or carry out its policies and programmes.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Project Topics
- Actuarial Science
- Adult Education Project Topics
- African Languages And Linguistics Studies
- Agricultural Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Health Science
- Arts Education
- Banking & Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Basic Science
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Research Project
- Botany Research project Topics
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Business Plan
- Chemical Engineering Project Topics
- Civil Engineering Project Topics
- Climate Change Project
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Topics
- Criminology Research Project
- Degree Project Topics
- Dissertation-Theses Writing Services (MBA MSc PhD)
- Dissertations/Theses Writing Services
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Topics and Material
- Economics Project Topics
- Edu 1
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- Educational Technology
- Engineering Research Project Topics
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Fine Art
- Fishery Project Topics
- Food Science And Technology
- Free Essay
- French Research Project Material
- Full Project
- Full Project Topics
- Geography Research Project Material
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Home Economics Project
- Hospitality Management
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Human Resource Management Project
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management Project Topics
- Insurance Research Project
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Life Matter
- Linguistics and Communication Project Topics
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project
- Mass Communication
- Master Dissertation Thesis
- Mathematics Education
- MBA MSc BSc Thesis/Dissertation Project Topics
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Mental Health Project Topics
- Operation and Production Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Organizational Behaviour Research Project Writer
- Pol 1
- Pol 2
- Political Science
- Private Policy
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Topic
- Quantity Surveying
- Research Project
- Research Project Topic
- Secretarial Administration
- Sickle Cell Research Project Topics
- Statistics Project Topics
- Transportation Management
- Vocational Education Project Topics
Full Project – Employees discipline and organizational performance