Full Project – Design and implementation of an online Tetfund staff sponsoring system
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
This project was centered on design and implementation of an online system for sponsoring a staff. Sponsoring something is the act of supporting an event, activity, person, or organization financially or through the provision of products or services. The individual or group that provides the support, similar to a benefactor, is known as sponsor. An online documentation processing system is a system in which data are collected, organized and categorized to facilitate their preservation, retrieval, use and disposal with the use of computer. Record keeping is very vital in businesses; private and public organizations, this enable internal reporting mostly produced manually and only periodically, as a by-product of the accounting and information system and with some additional statistics, and gave limited and delayed information on management performance. Data is organized manually according to the requirements and necessity of most organizations. As computational technology developed, information began to be distinguished from data and systems were developed to produce and organize abstractions, summaries, relationships and generalizations based on the data.
Early business computers were used for simple operations such as tracking sales or record keeping, with little detail or structure. Over time,these computer applications became more complex, hardware storage capacities grew, and technologies improved for connecting previously isolated applications. As more and more data was stored and linked, managers sought greater detail as well as greater abstraction with the aim of creating entire management reports from the raw stored data. The term “MIS” arose to describe such applications providing managers with information about sales, inventories, and other data that would help in managing the enterprise. Today, the term is used broadly in a number of contexts and includes (but is not limited to): decision support systems, resource and people management applications, enterprise resource planning (ERP), project management and database retrieval applications.
The successful MIS supports an organization’s long range plans, providing reports based upon performance analysis in areas critical to those plans, with feedback loops that allow for titivation (decoration) of every aspect of the enterprise, including recruitment and training regimens. MIS not only indicate how things are going, but why and where performance is failing to meet the plan. These reports include near-real-time performance of cost centers and projects with detail sufficient for individual accountability.
In the light of the above, computerization of Revenue keeping systems would go a long way of ensuring efficient and accurate record keeping and report generations as required by most organizations.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
From my research and observation it is obvious that manual system for sponsoring staff in most schools today based on manual method which is paper based, the following are the problems associated with the use of manual system which includes:
- The manual method of keeping each staff record are being kept in a single document (File) e.g when a staff want to apply for tetfund sponsorship, it take a lot of processes to apply which lead to delay for the staff, sometimes some staff apply through the school by submitting their credentials to the school management before the school management go through it and submit it to the tetfund body it takes a long process while sometimes in some schools the opportunity of sponsoring staff by the federal government using this educational body which is tetfund is given to only indigenes of some states Mostly state polytechnics, when other staff apply for the programme they ignore their files which is not good. To assist others system should be designed for everyone to register itself online, where by the tetfund will be checking each applicant that apply for the sponsorship. If the applicant qualified is entitled to the tentfund sponsorship and verification will follow to avoid method of using manual of registration through school to stop those unqualified staff.
- When tetfund ask to go out and get information about a staff in a particular institution by verifying a particular staff based on institution the staff work, it consume time. This system made verification easy for tetfund to get particular information they needed with immediate request and respond.
- The manual work could get missing or destroyed either by fire outbreak or lack of proper care taken.
- Immediate access to management information is often difficult.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE RESEARCH
The aim of this project is to design and implement online tetfund staff sponsoring system that will assist institution both tetfund to verify and monitor staff that apply for tetfund sponsorship and give answer to the particular information they requested and respond to it .The followings are the objectives of this project
- To enable the institution and tetfund, to have a web database system for verifying and keeping records of each staff that apply for tetfund sponsorship programmed.
- To develop a system that can be use to request and respond based on what the staff needed.
- To have a more efficient work output at faster level.
- To create an avenue where work becomes less stressful in of tetfund sponsorship programmed.
- To eradicate the stress that tetfund and institution usually undergo during verification of staff.
1.4 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This research will center on promoting the speed of delivery of data, proper storage and also fast way of verifying staff of higher institution by tetfund sponsorship programmed. The system will be equipped with features to help realize the above listed point to the abdu gusau state Polytechnic and this project work is limited to only tetfund sponsorship programmed in abdu gusau Polytechnic staff and it does not extend to other institution.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Since every organization wishes to improve on its current status as advances in information Technology is very imminent, the study is therefore to improve society by providing a means of work to demonstrate how the needs of tetfund sponsorship programmed in Polytechnic could be met efficiently and effectively through the application of tools and methods made by the new advance in science and technology.It will bring ease, helping the polytechnic management tetfund sponsorship body to make and take decision concerning staff application and verification.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
SPONSORSHIP:– Sponsoring something (or someone) is the act of supporting an event, activity, person, or organization financially or through the provision of products or services.
TETFUND: – Tertiary Education Trust fund abbreviated as TETFUND is a scheme established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 2011, to disburse, manage and monitor education tax to government-owned tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
MIS: – Management information system are software solutions that help managers run companies, i.e. organize staff records, keep record sales and reports etc.
System: – a set of integrated, interacting component with a common goal. Thus the integrated interaction of human ware, software and computer hardware constitute a system
Information Science:-interdisciplinary academic field that deals with the generation, collection, organization, storage, retrieval, and dissemination of recorded knowledge.
Database System: A computerized record keeping system whose overall purpose is to store information and allow users to retrieve and update that information on demand
Data: This is the collection of raw facts
Retrieval: Obtaining stored information from the computer system.
Computer: It is an electronic device that has the capacity of accepting incoming data, it process the data with an electronic speed and gives out its result accurately.
Portal: is a gateway to the Web that allows organized information to the users through a single entry point.
ORGANIZATION: Is an organized group of people with the same aim and objective to achieve a particular goal.
MANUAL SYSTEM: Are pen and paper method controlled or manipulated by a human operator (not automatically like computer) but only powered and governed by human being.
MANAGEMENT: is an integral part of an organization or controlling organization and coordination of activities governing the business in -order to achieve.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Full Project – Design and implementation of an online Tetfund staff sponsoring system