Full Project – Design and implementation of an online payment portal for secondary school administration
Due to the dynamic nature of the world technology today i.e. the age of computerization of our society, there has been a need to automate the education systems. Broadly speaking, the computer has effectively attracted a lot of attention in recent time, due to its automation processes and its effects on our society today.
Hence, the computer is an electronic device that works under the control of a stored program, automatically accepting information, which is the outcome of the processor.
1.2 Background of the study
The firm under study, Government Secondary School Umuerim Nekede, Owerri is a school under the government of Imo State which helps to generate revenue for the state government through tax payment and other activities that they carry out. This sector was established in 1976 by a group of an edict and they are government means of generating revenue for the state government. The sector is located at Block Four (4) New State Secretariat Port-Harcourt Road Owerri, Imo State. Presently the school has the following departments.
- The principal office
- The vice principal office
- The senior staff office
- The junior staff office
- The bursary department
- The school veterinary
- The school canteen
1.3 Statement of problem
Due to lack of online education payment system, the sector has been encountering some problems which include:
- The mentality of carrying out jobs manually which is inefficient, cumbersome (difficult or complicated), time-consuming and at times inaccurate.
- Problem of poor communication between the various departments involved.
- Problem to ensure that payers who need information can obtain it accurately and on time.
- Difficulty to ascertain (find out for certain) the real amount a student has paid.
- Problem of proper identification of payers
- Poor funding by government to generate revenue
- Problem of logistics
- Lack of adequate enlightenment to payers
- Tuition evasion i.e. willingly refusal to pay fees.
1.4 Objectives of the study
The main aim and objective of designing this system is to satisfy the user’s need as follows:
- To satisfy the user need and requirement cost as effective as possible.
- A system that will be easy to use i.e. user-friendly.
- A system that will process data accurately, so that the user can be confident of the information stored in the file database.
- System that will take proper records of the number of students’ payee to avoid double payment.
- A system that is capable of checking error verification and validation. Verification is the checking of transcription error while Validation is the checking of data to ensure that they conform to rules that apply to them.
- To ensure against loss of information, security measures will be taken to prevent loss of information form files by user error or physical damages.
- System that will be easy to maintain and update.
- A system that will be flexible so as to adapt to changes, and prevent unauthorized users from tampering with important files.
1.5 Scope of the study
The scope of online payment portal is to use an online or net based-payment system to carry out some of the activities of school that consumes time and that has been carried out manually which is tuitions collection.
1.6 Significance of the study
Advantageous process of online payment system is to make sure that the duties of the sector under study is been carried out diligently and also to reduce the rate of manual method and time-consuming. Automation of a system that is net-based (online system) for tuition payers is introduced to save time and also ensure accuracy processing.
1.7 Limitation of the study
Some limitations found during this research include:
- Financial Limitation: – This is one of the major constraints, which has limited the extensiveness of this work, but due to my hard work and efforts, I was able to bypass it.
- Time constraints: – The time given for this research work was not enough to get comprehensive information about the study because it is a broad work to be carried out.
Most constraints experienced during the course of writing this project is that of detailed information about their major operations, the staffs were a little diplomatic in answering questions in order not to reveal information that may indent the school’s image, though that did not stop me from writing and researching for detailed information.
1.8 Definition of terms
ONLINE:- the Oxford Dictionary defines Online as controlled by or connected to a computer, and as an activity or service which is available on or performed using the internet or other computer network. Or online indicates a state of connectivity.
PAYMENT: – a payment is the transfer of an item or value from one party (such as a person or company) to another in exchange for the provision of goods, services or both, or to fulfill a legal obligation.
PORTAL (ARCHITECTURE):- a gate, door, or the extremities (ends) of a tunnel
A MAGICAL OR TECHNOLOGICAL:- a doorway that connects two locations, dimensions, or points in time.
ENTERPRISE PORTAL:- a framework to provide a single point of access to a variety of information and tools
INTRANET PORTAL:- a gateway that unifies access to all enterprise information and applications
PORTAL RENDERING:- an optimization technique in 3D computer graphics
WEB PORTAL:- a site that functions as a point of access to information on the Internet
PORTALS NETWORK PROGRAMMING API:- a high-performance networking programming interface for massively parallel supercomputers
PAYPAL:- PayPal is an America, international digital wallet based e-commerce business allowing payments and money transfers to be made through the internet.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management