Full Project – Design and development of computer aided learning for teaching tie and dye arts cloth trade
This project deals with the design and development of computer aided learning for teaching Tie and Die arts cloth trade. CAL is an abbreviation of Computer Aided Learning and is one of the commonly use acronym within education. CAL is where someone makes use of a special design software application in other to learn about a subject or practice a new set of skill.
Computer Aided Learning is not only use in school but is also widely use in industries to teach employees about the things they need to know about. There are many futures included in CAL application, such as:Easy navigation through the course at your own pace, enable testing and retake the test until you pass or sufficiently confident with your skills and some form of testing and scoring and feedback will be provided on your progress. Computer Aided Learning applications or courses usually make use of various multimedia such as videos, animations and sounds.
This project is centre on tie and die of cloth. A tie and die is a process of beautifying a cloth with different types of design color with the use of chemical. The design of tie and die has varied enormously through time and from culture to culture, with appearance originally being tied to function. This project is aim at designing software that will help art and culture when it comes to tie and dying of cloth in learning and teaching student on how to beautifying cloth using chemical. to overcome problems that are encounter by student when learning. In time of learning it somehow difficult to learn the process of tying and dying of cloth. Because most people wanted to learn its but it difficult to learn because is not everybody that can tie and die cloth but with the use of computer aided learning software the process of tying and dying cloth will be easy to learn by the people in society.
1.2 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Nigerian culture is multi-ethnic and gives a lot of value to different types of arts; which primarily include ivory carving, grass weaving, wood carving, leather and calabash, pottery, painting, glass and metal works, and cloth weaving (textile). Among all these forms of art, Adire, which is common among the people of Egbaland in Ogun State, is probably the most reflective of its cultural origin. Abeokuta is said to be the capital of the Egba nation, and the Adire industry in Nigeria. Although the missionaries introduced the people to cotton in the 1850’s, cotton weaving, pottery and Adire are all traditional crafts of the Abeokuta people.
Adire textile is a resist-dyed cloth produced and worn primarily by the Yoruba people of southwestern Nigeria. The Yoruba label adire (meaning “tie and dye”) was first applied to indigo-dyed cloth decorated with resist patterns in the early twentieth century. By the second half of the twentieth century, broader colour palette of imported synthetic dyes was introduced. Adire then included a variety of hand-dyed textiles using wax-resist batik methods to produce patterned cloth in a dazzling array of dye tints and hues.Adire textile production is assumed to be inborn; inherited by birth and the heritage passed on to descendants of families who were also involved in the production process. In Egba land, the craft was formerly known to be a family business. Parents passed the techniques down to their female children and the wives of their sons. For a long time, people who were not from a certain family were not allowed to partake in adire production as it was a part of the family’s heritage.
The Adire was first produced in Jojola’s compound of Kemta, Abeokuta by Chief Mrs. Miniya Jojolola Soetan, the second Iyalode (Head of Women) of Egba land. She then passed on the process to her children and onward to the future generations. The first Adire material was made with Teru (local white attire) and Elu (local Dye) made from elu leaf which is planted in the Saki area of Oyo state.
The 1930s brought with it innovations that allowed men to partake in adire making, which was primarily a female craft. Women remained specialists in the dyeing, tying, hand-painting, and hand-sewing done prior to dyeing, but the men became involved in decorating techniques using stitching machine and applying starch through zinc stencils. By the 1960s a growing availability of chemical dyes from Europe caused a revolution in colour and techniques. This, of course, attracted the Nigerian fashion designers who now adapt the designs to print high-quality cloth and have transformed the art of adire into an entrepreneurial craft. This craft can now be taught in institutions. Today, new multi-coloured adire uses simple technology and hot wax or paraffin are used as resist agents in place of the indigenous cassava paste. Designs are created by simple techniques including tie-dye, folding, crumpling, and randomly sprinkling or splashing the hot wax onto a cloth before dying. To meet the high demand for adire, stencilling has largely been replaced by a block printing technique to apply the hot wax.
1.3 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The problems that are encountered with the manual method of teaching tying and dying of cloth trade in the workshops which leads to the following challenges;
- It is difficult to comprehend and learn the work (i.e. tie and dying of cloth) due to poor practical aspect in the workshop.
- Students’ concentration during learning is usually low.
- Students are discouraged in learning and mastering of the work.
- Poor practical knowledge affects their theoretical comprehension and this lead to poor performance in examination.
- Inadequate teaching/learning facilities.
- Students’ inability to retain/remember what had been taught.
- Failure to attend the class is equal to failure in the course examination.
1.4 AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of this project is to design and development of computer aided learning for teaching Tie and Die arts cloth trade and to integrate CAI into art work, for proper teaching of tie and dying of cloth hand work in the training workshop.
- To design software that will be user-friendly, easy to use and interactive in nature.
- To design computer software that will help in teaching tie and dying of cloth hand work in the training workshop.
- To enable student to have quick understanding about the tie and dying of cloth hand work in the training workshop during the practical.
- To increase confidence in students in terms of basic practical concepts.
- To encourage the use of CAI in addition to the conventional teaching method.
1.5 SCOPE AND LIMITATION
The scope of this project work is to showcase how cloths are die using computer aided learning application. The limitation of the study is basically on teaching with the real voice audio sound and showing the real aspect on how tie and dying of cloth are made through visual screen which is video, images and text reading, this project cover only tie and dying of cloth.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
Since every organization wishes to improve on its current status as advances in information Technology is very imminent, the study is therefore to improve society by providing a means of software to teach how to make shoe on computer. The significance of this study is that it will change the present manual ways of tie and dying of cloth will help to provide quick and reliable ways on how tie and dying of cloth are made, frequently so as to give adequate and current ways of tie and dying of cloth . One of the biggest advantages of the computer aided learning on tie and dying of cloth is that its strong software that will assist the apprentice to learn fast without waiting for teacher that teach them on how to tie and dying of cloth , it also dedicated to improving its functionality and fixing any issues that may arise with making of tie and dying of cloth simple and easy to use. One of its strong features is that it is program with natural language which is black man voice that the apprentice can easily understand what the system is saying through voice, and showing the physical part of how tie and dying of cloth are made physically.. It will also help both the teachers and apprentice. Other benefits of the proposed system will include:-
- Instructiveness and user friendliness.
- Simple learning process.
- Overcome most factors affecting effective learning such as noise.
- Promote students concentration during learning.
- Encourage learning and mastering of the individual topic contained therein.
- Enhance the students’ practical knowledge and broaden their theoretical knowledge.
- Accommodate individual learning style and reduce time consuming.
1.7 DEFINATION OF TERMS
- Learning: the acquisition of knowledge or skills through study, experience, or being taught.
- Instruction: This is the process of teaching a person to do something or issuing commands.
- Computer Aided Instruction: This involves using computers to organize and manage an instructional programmed for students.
- Tie: can be used to create a wide variety of designs on fabric, from standard patterns such as the spiral, peace sign, diamond, and the marble effect to beautiful works of art
- Dye: is a coloured substance that chemically bonds to the substrate to which it is being applied. This distinguishes dyes from pigments which do not chemically bind to the material they colour.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Full Project – Design and development of computer aided learning for teaching tie and dye arts cloth trade