Full Project – Computerization of electricity billing system
Billing is the act of producing bills. Electrical billing means the processing (calculation) of current amount consumed by an individual or organization customers and the sending of the bills to customer as claim for power holding company of Nigeria (PHCN) charges. For this reason, careful effort must be made to ensure that bills presented to customers are correct and justified, which start from the reading of the meter to the actual calculation of current consumption, recording of data, calculation of payment due and preparation of bills etc. Moreover, the automated system is to improve the power holding company of Nigeria plc processing and manipulation of electrical bills for their substantial customers. The new technology had enormously saved many organization million of naira with higher cost of installation and maintenance and had in no small measure saved many sectors such as healthcare, business transaction, education and other profession in their daily tasks.
1.2 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA PLC (FORMALY NEPA)
Electricity was introduced into Nigeria towards the close of the 19th century when the first generation plants was installed in the city of Lagos in 1898. From the onward until 1950, individuals, missionaries, the government one or two last municipal authority and some trading companies mainly carried out the development of electricity. These various bodies built small generating stations that were operating by oil such as petroleum, the federal government also participated in the power through the public works department (PWD) national electrical power authority (NEPA) was set up by the federal government of Nigeria with the sole interest for the transmitting and distribution of electricity in the country in the early 90s.
The Niger dam authority (NDA) and electrical cooperation amalgamated to form the electric corporation of Nigeria (ECN), They immediately named it NEPA (National Electrical Power Authority) which is currently called power holding company of Nigeria (PHCN) which was privatized by the administration of His Excellency, Chief olusegun Aremu Obasanjo in 2005.
To improve the relationship between human activities at the Environment, a more united corporation was formed, thus the federal republic of Nigeria decided to merged the electrical corporation of Nigeria (ECN) and Niger dam authority (NDA) to form NEPA.
The Electrical Power reform was signed into law on 11th March 2005 by President Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo, the commander in chief of the armed forced (GCFR) of the federal republic of Nigeria. The sector bill seeks to provide for companies to take over the function assents, liability and staffs of the national electrical power authority. There are different numbers of department in Zaria branch are;
- Account department,
- Personnel department,
- sales department,
- Salary & wages department,
- Store department.
- PROBLEMS OF THE EXISTING SYSTEM
From the findings on the existing system, it was observed that the power holding company of Nigeria plc (PHCN) used manual system to produce bills for their customers. This method is not effective in solving the perennial problem in respect of meter reading, bill distribution, billing and cash collection (payment).
This, system of billing is very prone to errors, which need to be corrected and to be improved upon. The problems observed are;
- Difficulties when retrieving information
- Missing or misplacing ledger cards
- All files and related documents are liable to destruction
- In efficiency as the whole process often discourage customer from patronizing the company.
1.4 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
This project aims to produce a useful program which take care of the electricity billing system. The objective are as listed below;
- To provide a better means of making decision
- To provide means of effective record keeping by adding new customers and updating the record of the old ones
- To reduce time taking in processing bills
- To ease the stress of processing bills manually
- To provide detail information on customer consumption rate, tariff manipulations, kilowatt- hour and wattage analysis.
1.5 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The research work only covers area related to customers billing system of power holding company of Nigeria plc (PHCN) in Talata Mafara. Also the proposed software is restricted to customer billing system of PHCN. Modification of customers records, viewing of records and generation of reports. The scope of the study is limited because of the following factors;
- Materials resources availability
- Financial constraints
- Time factors
- Purchase gas adjustment
- Liquid billing fuel adjustment
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the study is possibilities for inter modal grain transport in the Malar Dalen region environmental and economical aspect time limitation has been the greatest of this research works.
- DEFINATION OF TERMS
- ADJUSTMENT:- This has to do with over billing or under billing customer bills.
- AVERAGE DAILY CONSUMPTION (ADC):- This is the consumption divided by the number of period
- CONCATENATED KEY:- This is a situation where more than one field are join together to make the primary key.
- CREDIT CR:- Which signifies the amount credited to PHCN.
- DATABASE:- A database in an integrated store of data that can supply a manager with the information require for decision making.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Full Project – Computerization of electricity billing system