Full Project- CAUSES AND EFFECT OF INEFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION IN THE BANKING INDUSTRY.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Banking Industries (organizations) cannot operate without communication. Communication is the life source of every industry, because industries involve people. People cannot interact with each other without communication. In the absence of communication, everything would grind to a halt. According to James et’al (2009), communication is a means by which a thought is transferred from one person to another. It is also the process by which the person (group) share and impact information to another or group clearly understand by one person and another.
Velenguela (2002), opines communication as any act by which one person gives to or receives from another person’s information about that person’s needs, desire, perceptions, knowledge or effective states. Communication may be intentional or unintentional, may involve conventional or unconventional signals, may take linguistic or non-linguistic forms and may occur through spoken or other modes. Wikipedia (2009) defines communication as a process of transferring information from one entity to another. Communication processes are sign mediated interactions between at least two agents which share a repertoire of signs and semiotic rules “Communication is commonly defined as the imparting or interchange of thoughts”, opinions, or information by speech, writing or signs”. Communication can be perceived as a two-way process in which there is an exchange and progression of thoughts, feelings or ideas towards a mutually accepted goal or direction. He further explains communication as a process by which information is enclosed in a package and is distracted and imported by the sender to a receiver via a channel/medium. The receiver then decodes the message and gives the sender a feedback. Communication requires that all parties have an area of communication community.
According to Webster (2009), defines communication as an act or instance of transmitting information assign and convey meaning in an attempt to create and share understanding. This process requires a vast repertoire of skills in interpersonal processing, listening, observing, speaking, questioning, analyzing and cooperation occur. Communication can take various forms, but all forms involve the transfer of information from one party to the other. In order for the transfer of information to be qualify as a communication, the recipient must understand the meaning of the information transferred. If the recipient does not understand the meaning of the information conveyed, communication has not taken place. Workers in the Banking industry would not know the industry objectives, so they would not strive to achieve the industry objectives and also would not know what their roles and responsibility are; so they will not be able to carryout their jobs and would not be able to inform workers of changes. The industry would not be aware of the competitors’ activities and a lot of other things without communication.
Communication is one of the basic functions of management in any banking industry and its importance can hardly be overemphasized. It is a process of transmitting, information, ideas, thought, opinions and plans between various parts of the industry. It is not possible to have human relation without communication. However, good and effective communication is required not only for good and successful business. Effective Communication is required at various levels and for various aspects in the industry such as manager employee relations. Effective communication is of information and decision i.e. an essential component for management employees unless they are communicated effectively of what he wants to be done, he should also be sure of some basic facts such as how to communicate and what results can be expected from that communication. Most of management problems arise because of lack of effective communication. Chances of misunderstanding and misrepresentation can be minimized with proper communication system.
Ineffective communication can be caused by incomplete messages, individual difference. As human beings, each person is uniquely different from any other person. Therefore, people may interpret want differently, perceive realities differently, have variable opinions, attitudes and emotions towards people, things and events differently they may have different developmental experiences, intelligence, cultural and political beliefs, all of which may tend to affect the way they conceive or perceive a message.
An Industry: Is a group of productive organizations that produce or supply goods, service or sources of income.
Wikipedia (2009), sees industry from so many aspect such as:
-Industry as a commercial production and sale of goods
-As a specific branch of manufacture and trade.
THE BANKING INDUSTRY
Answer bag (2009) sees banking industry as a sector of an economy used to cover any form of economic activity, such as “Banking industry” and hence course a very broad sweep. More specifically, industry is divided into:
Primary Industry – The acquisition of naturally accruing resource like coal and fish.
Secondary Industry – The manufacturing of goods, tertiary industry which serves the public as well as primary and secondary industry includes distribution, transport, warehousing and retailing.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In many industries there is frequent breakdown in communication especially in large industries.It has been identified that there is a breakdown in communication between manager and subordinates in the Banking Industry. Most subordinates in the Banking Industry do not seem to understand the messages communicated to them by their managers. The managers in the banking industry always use ambiguous languages in communicating with their subordinates. Banks are large organization and that makes it difficult for communication to flow around and there seems to be no cordial inter-relationship between the managers and subordinates.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The general purpose of the study is to investigate the causes and effects of ineffective communication in the banking industry. Specifically, the purpose of the study are:
-To find out the causes of communication breakdown between managers and subordinates.
-To find out why subordinates fail to understand messages communicated to them by their managers and subordinates.
-To find out why managers use ambiguous languages or words to communicate with their subordinates.
-To find out the best way to communicate easily in the banking industry.
-To establish cordial relationship between managers and subordinates.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1) What are the causes of communication breakdown between managers and subordinates in the banking industry?
2) Why do subordinates fail to understand messages communicated by managers?
3) What are the effects of poor communication in the banking industry?
4) What are the best ways to communicate easily within the banking industry?
5) How can cordial relationship be established between managers and subordinates?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research work will be very useful to the management of banks because communication in organization plays a vital role in enhancing productivity. And it also integrates the management functions in an organization.
Banking Industry Staff The research work will be of benefit to banking staffs because; it will help them to contribute to the achievement of their organizational goals and objectives.
Banking Industry The work will be of benefit to the banking industry because it brings about utilization, improvement and retention of the various organizational manpower.
Students The study will benefit students on the knowledge of effective communication for academic use and for use in their prospective working places.
Future Researchers This research will be of benefit to future researchers as a source of information for literature review (secondary data).
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The researcher intends to cover concept of communication in industry, role of communication, types of communication, cause of communication breakdown, highlight the barriers to communication in banking industry with particular emphasis on strategies of how to minimize the incidences of communication breakdown in an industry.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Normally, in carrying out any research work which involved information gathering from primary source (use of questionnaires, personal observation, interview etc). One is bound to face a lot of problems which limit the achievement of the objectives. Therefore, it becomes very difficult for one to cover the whole range of the problem due to the following reason:
1) There is dearth of financial funds to carryout a comprehensive research.
2) There is a problem of not having free access to some vital documents which will help to facilitate the research work as a result of confidential classification status.
3) The study is limited by time. The time allocated for the collection of data from the industry to collide with the lecturer’s hours.
4 It will be very difficult to be able to speak to the highly placed personalities in order to make enquiry.
1.8 Definition of Terms
Communication: Communication is defined as the process of exchanging messages between two parities with the aim of having such messages understood and appropriate action taken. In another way round, communication is the exchange of information verbally or written.
Information: They are processed data or result from logical manipulation of data which allows decision making.
Data: They are those facts and figures about people, machines objectives and places etc, which are unprocessed.
Banking: Is defined as a place where valuable things are kept for save custody.
Industry: Industry is the combination of firms producing similar goods and services.
Superior: Are referred to as those on the top ranking of the management i.e. the heads.
Subordinate: Are referred to as those junior staff in an industry.
Sender: Is referred to that person who initiates an idea shared with people.
Receiver: Referred to that person receiving the message, encode it to understand it.
Encoding: The process of transcribing the message into symbolic form e.g. through writing, picture and speech.
Repertoire: The works known or regulatory performed by a performer or company.
Semiotic: To do with meaning, the meaning of words.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria