Full Project – Automated babysitting system for nursing parents in Federal Polytechnic
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The term babysitting first appeared in 1937, while the verb form baby-sit was first recorded in 1947. Babysitting is a company for temporarily caring for a child. Babysitting is commonly performed as a job by all ages. The majority of the time, babysitting workers tends to be in middle school, high school or college. There are some adults who have in-home childcare as well. The type of work for babysitting workers also varies from watching a sleeping child, changing diapers, playing games, preparing meals, to teaching the child to read or even driving – if the age is right, depending on the agreement between parents and babysitter. In some countries various organizations produce courses for babysitters, mainly focusing on child safety and first aid appropriate for infants and children. These classes or courses can be provided at local hospitals and sometimes even schools. These classes can equip the babysitter with information to keep both the child, or children, and sitter safe in various health and weather scenarios. Managing kids can be a challenge. One moment they’re snuggling up for stories and introducing you to their imaginary friends. The next, they’re biting their siblings and painting the new puppy purple. How do you cope? You plan ahead for all kinds of possibilities! There’s no doubt that babysitting requires skills in creativity, adventure, and play. But those skills are no help if you don’t know what to do when a kid has a playground tumble. Babysitting is about your safety and comfort level as well as the kids. Nursing parents are parents who take care and cater for the warfare of a child between the age of one month to two years.
Now, an automated babysitting system for nursing parents is software design to assist or aid nursing parents or a babysitter on how to take care or cater for a child, in other word the software will diagrammatically step by step teach a babysitter on the proper taking care of a child.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In this our modern age, it was observed that many nursing parents lack the skill of taking care of baby, they find it difficult to give a baby proper care because most of the nursing parents do not have any idea of the upbringing of child, some of them might not be of age before having a baby and they refuse to learn child care from their parents or people around them. All these are the causes improper taking care of a baby. So these led to the development of an automated babysitting system for nursing parents in Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of this project work is to develop an automated system for babysitting that will achieve the following goals:
- Teach nursing parents on babysitting,
- Provide them reliable means of baby management,
- Creating rooms for the needs to be a computer literate in this our modern world and
- Providing a complete basic knowledge on babysitting to anybody that cares for a babysitting
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The design of this project, an automated babysitting system for nursing parents is an expert system will be programmed with the knowledge of good babysitter specialist, this knowledge will be stored in the knowledge base of the system. When the user clicks on any instruction base on what he/she want to know on babysitting, the system will be able to give a complete guideline on instruction.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this project work is based on teaching and guiding nursing parents and anybody that find him/her self near a baby on proper baby management, which includes:
- Changing a baby’s diaper,
- Feeding a baby,
- Knowing when to change a baby’s diaper,
- Know the type of cloth that suits a baby at a particular temperature and
- Have a complete idea of babysitting
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Lots of limitations were encountered during the process of development of this project work. These include:
- Lack of Power Supply: the drawback of power supply nearly led to incompletion of this project work, there was no steady power supply to process this material.
- Lack of Finance: There were insufficient funds to go through the research work and present an efficient work. So, due to a shortage of money, some part of the work may not be as effective as it should be.
- Some nursing mother refused to admit that they do not know how to take care of a baby, these lead to insufficient material.
1.7 CONTRIBUTION TO ICT
The design of this software is an innovation to Information and Communication Technology – ICT in Nigeria. This software will increase the growth of ICT in the society by introducing a self-guide system on how to babysit a baby. These will motivate all nursing parents to embrace the need of becoming a computer literate and it will also spread the advancement of ICT in the nation.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TECHNICAL TERMS
Below are some technical terms used in this project work:
- Automated: Tocontroloroperateby
- Babysitting: temporarily caring for a child. Babysitting is commonly performed as a job by all ages.
- Diagrammatically: in a manner of a diagram, a graphic representation used to show something works.
4. Expert System: An expert system is a computer program that simulates the judgment and behavior of a human or an organization that has expert knowledge and experience in a particular field.
- ICT: Information and Communication Technology is often used as an extended synonym for information technology, but is a more specific term that stresses the role of unified communications and the integration of telecommunications (telephone lines and wireless signals), computers as well as necessary enterprise software, middleware, storage, and audio-visual systems, which enable users to access, store, transmit, and manipulate information.
- Knowledgebase: is a technology used to store complex structured and unstructured information used by a computer system. The initial use of the term was in connection with expert systems which were the first knowledge-based systems.
- System: Set of computer components. That is an assembly of hardware, software, and peripherals functioning together.
- Software: Series of instruction that perform a predefined task. Instructions that cause the hardware- the machines to do work.
1.9 ORGANIZATION OF CHAPTERS
This project work ranges from chapter one to five chapters. Chapter one carries introduction of the topic, background of the study, statement of problem, scope of the study, significance of the study, limitation of the study, contribution to ICT, definition of technical terms and organization of chapters. Chapter two review some related literature review of the project. Chapter three explains the research methodology, the method adopted in doing the project work, analysis of the present system, the demographic variables, the organizational flowchart of the present system, the management structure of the present system, weakness of the present system, achievement of the expected system, data flow diagram of the expected system and high level model of the expected system. Chapter four explain the system design and implementation, its include objectives of the design, control center, specification of software and hardware requirements, output of the new system, algorithm of the proposed system, overall data flow diagram of the system, the data dictionary and choice and justification of programming language. Chapter five is the summary, recommendation, and conclusion of the work.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Full Project – Automated babysitting system for nursing parents in Federal Polytechnic