Full Project – Aptitude test examination website
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Aptitude test is an exam used to determine an individual’s propensity to succeed in a given activity. Aptitude tests assume that individuals have inherent strengths and weaknesses, and are naturally inclined toward success or failure in certain areas based on their inherent characteristics. Aptitude tests are designed to assess your logical reasoning or thinking performance. They consist of multiple choice questions and are administered under exam conditions. They are strictly timed and a typical test might allow 30 minutes for 30 or so questions.
The reason of Aptitude test examination is to test the ability of people and prove them fits for the subsequent tasks ahead. Some examples of aptitude tests include:
- A test assessing an individual’s aptitude to become a fighter pilot
- A career test evaluating a person’s capability to work as an air traffic controller
- A test given to high school students to determine which type of careers they might be good at.
A website is a set of related web pages typically served from a single web domain. A website is hosted on at least one web server, accessible via a network such as the Internet or a private local area network through an Internet address known as a Uniform resource locator. All publicly accessible websites collectively constitute the World Wide Web. A webpage is a document, typically written in plain text interspersed with formatting instructions of Hypertext Markup Language HTML, XHTML. A web page may incorporate elements from other websites with suitable markup anchors. Web Pages are accessed, and transported with the Hypertext Transfer Protocol HTTP, which may optionally employ encryption, HTTP Secure, HTTPS to provide security and privacy for the user of the webpage content. The user’s application, often a web browser, renders the page content according to its HTML markup instructions onto a display terminal. Websites have many functions and can be used in various fashions; a website can be a personal website, a commercial website, an institution website, a government website or a non-profit organization website. Websites can be the work of an individual, a business or other organization, and are typically dedicated to a particular topic or purpose. Any website can contain a hyperlink to any other website, so the distinction between individual sites, as perceived by the user, can be blurred.
After explaining what an aptitude test and website is all about. An Aptitude test examination website can be best described as an educational website that will be use to test the ability of students in admission process in Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. The students will write the aptitude test examination via a computer system.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The present aptitude test examination in Federal Polytechnic Nekede imposes a lot of stress and pressure on the students as they go about searching to locate their examination venue. The system still entertain these problems which include:
- Delay in examination paper
- Misplacing of individual answer sheet.
- Delay in releasing of aptitude test result
- Poor marking of answer sheets
- Improper management of examination time: this lead to delay in examination time – start and finish time of the examination time.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective of this study is to provide a secured website for Aptitude test in Federal Polytechnic Nekede that will:
- Promote ICT in the institution.
- Manage the database of the students coming to write the aptitude test examination.
- Provide a suitable platform for the students during aptitude test examination.
- Enable some individuals to be computer literate.
- And implement time-sharing for the aptitude test.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this project, Aptitude Test Examination Website is to create a dynamic website that captures and retrieves candidate’s information in the school’s database on registration and gives the candidate the means of writing aptitude test examination via the internet and provide an instance result for the candidate on completion of the examination in a stipulated time.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this project work when implemented in Federal Polytechnic Nekede will help:
- The school management to have a comprehensive and secured list of candidates who takes the aptitude test examination.
- By eliminating the stress of physically carrying the examination materials to different examination halls.
- The school management can be able to control and regulate the population of candidate writing the examination.
- To eliminate the alleged complaint of the students after examination of not been given equal and enough time.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
During development of this project work, different challenges were encountered. These include:
- Finance, the cost of producing this project material almost brought this project work to a halt.
- Insufficient Power Supply, the nature of power supply is discouraging, after a complete research, there is not enough power supply to compile the project work electronically and this lead to the delay of this work.
- Insufficient material from the case study, the process of getting information from the staff in the administration department was not encouraging, as the staff find it difficult to release or explain the process involve aptitude test examination.
1.7 CONTRIBUTION TO ICT
The development of this website for aptitude examination will increase the number of computer literate in the Nigeria by indirectly compelling the students to learn how to operate a computer system in order for them to be able to write their examination via the internet using a computer system. This project when fully implemented in Federal Polytechnic Nekede, it will attract other institution to key in into the new innovation and thereby increasing the growth of ICT in Nigeria.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TECHNICAL TERMS
Below are some technical term used in this project work
- Database: A systematically arranged collection of computer data, structured so that it can be automatically retrieved or manipulated. It is also called databank.
- DBMS – Database Management System: Is a system or software that helps in creating, storing, retrieving, querying and sorting a database.
- HTML – Hyper-Text Mark-up Language: Is a scripting language use in design a website.
- HTTP: Hyper-text Transfer Protocol is a rule or protocol that links documents from one page to another
- Hyperlink: A link in the text of one webpage or site that when clicked on with a mouse, takes the user to another reference in another page or site.
- Internet: This is a global connection of computers
- LAN: Local Area Network is a network connection within a small area like an office.
- Online: Connected to a computer network or accessible by computer.
- Protocol: Rules and regulation guiding transfer of file in the computer system
- Software: A computer program that enables communication with the hardware in order to perform a given task.
- System: Set of computer components. That is an assembly of hardware, software and peripherals functioning together.
- Software: Series of instruction that perform a predefined task. Instructions that cause the hardware- the machines to do work.
- Server: A computer that supplies services or data to other machines on a local network – LAN or a wide area network – WAN such as the internet.
- WAN- Wide Area Network: This is a network interconnect computers in different locations or region. Example: internet
- Website: A collection of web pages arranged together to provide information, entertainment or advice that is displayed on the World Wide Web.
- Webpage: A webpage is a document, typically written in plain text interspersed with formatting instructions of Hypertext Markup Language. A web page may incorporate elements from other websites with suitable markup anchors.
- WWW – world wide web: Computer-based network of information resources that combines text and multimedia. It is also referred to as the collection of machines connected via the internet that serve and sue information in accordance with HTML and other protocols.
1.9 ORGANIZATION OF CHAPTERS
This project work is divided into five chapters. Chapter one talks about the introduction of the topic, background of the study, statement of problem, scope of the study, significance of the study, limitation of the study, contribution to ICT, definition of technical terms and organization of chapters. Chapter two talks about the literature review of the project. Chapter three explains the research methodology, the method adopted in doing the project work, analysis of the present system, the demographic variables, the organizational flow chart of the present system, the management structure of the present system, weakness of the present system, achievements of the expected system, data flow diagram of the expected system and high level model of the expected system. Chapter four talks about the system design and implementation, its include objectives of the design, control center, specification of software and hardware requirements, output of the new system, algorithm of the propose system, overall data flow diagram of the system, the data dictionary and choice and justification of programming language. Chapter five is the summary, recommendation and conclusion of the work.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Full Project – Aptitude test examination website