Full Project – ANALYSIS OF MAINTENANCE CULTURE EMPLOYED IN PUBLIC INFRASTRUCTURE IN NIGERIA
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Over the years, Nigeria has had a number of laudable projects that makes one proud of being a Nigerian. These projects range from the Liberty Stadium, Ibadan (now called the Obafemi Awolowo Stadium) to the National Stadium Lagos, Universities, hospitals, schools and the refineries which got oil displacing agriculture as the mainstay of the economy to mention a few.
But having been built and made to serve the immediate purpose they were meant to serve, they ended up in most cases forgotten, abandoned and at its best given very little attention, leading to its poor maintenance and management. The million dollar question to draw from the aforesaid is if these projects were actually made available in the short term or long term. It is expected that the latter would be the answer. Nevertheless over the years, most laudable projects in Nigeria fault this notion.
Nigeria is not meant to be where she currently is for she is a blessed nation, one that is palpably so richly endowed with the best of resources; “human and material” to spur her towards having the best facilities when she deems it necessary and most appropriate. Nigeria as against the so called world economies, developed nations, world powers or whatever phrase used to describe the most powerful States of the world is immensely blessed with natural resources as earlier mentioned, that only if Nigeria was properly managed by the best hands in leadership, she would have easily stimulated herself towards being not just a real giant of Africa (as against what is perceive to be the current self acclaimed status) but among the world powers in all ramifications most importantly, socioeconomically.
Nigeria has had over the years on its once upon a time very laudable projects that are right now in the most deplorable state ever imagined which are definitely threats to the social economic and infrastructural advancement of Nigeria. This is with respect to the issue of maintenance of public facilities and capital projects that are worthy of proudly making one a Nigerian, though for a short while, no thanks to the “extinction” of the beauty that once upon a time greeted such projects.
In line with the national development goals for improving the quality of services in the public sectors to become “The Developed Countries by the year 2020” have a first class infrastructures on the agenda for Nigeria. Apart from this, many facilities such as buildings and public infrastructures are built to fulfill administrative and social needs as well as economic responsibilities to the general public. The government assets and facilities should be managed properly with maintenance work to ensure the functioning assets, minimum cost of repairing and providing a safe environment for the user. Maintenance culture is defined the combination of technical and administrative actions to be taken to preserve or protect a structure, system or equipment to function properly (British Standards Institute, 1974). It as a work process or work activity programmed by an individual or group to be undertaken to protect, preserve and maintain the function of a facility
Maintenance culture defines the values, way of thinking, behaviour, perception, and the underlying assumptions of any person or group or society that considers maintenance as a matter that is important (priority) and practices it in their life. When a person or group has maintenance culture, they would have the attitude to maintain, preserve and protect the public facilities. The attitude in question is towards the maintenance work, which is embedded in each individual or group, although in practice, the maintenance tasks have been programmed, planned and scheduled, it is only when one understands the responsibility entrusted to implement it that creates a proper awareness of maintenance work and whereby it is done automatically, spontaneously without any direction and thought (Suwaibatul et. al, 2012). Maintenance culture is not universal in nature, it is usually derived or learned through a person making maintenance a natural daily practice that can be followed and emulated by others (Florence, 2011). These cultures are not easy to develop. It takes time and occurs in response to changes to the individual himself/herself. Thus, it is not something that is impossible to implement if the method made the maintenance culture is known to be performed. When the determinant factors of maintenance of development are identified, the maintenance will be a daily practice that is understood by each individual about what their duties are.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Maintenance culture development in Nigeria can be achieved through the implementation of the leadership factors that should be done by someone who was called leaders toward culture maintenance practices among all his followers. Maintenance tasks will not be regarded as a burden, but as a good practice that should be implemented for the next stake. This is where the need of the leadership qualities in a leader by showing a serious commitment to the work done by providing a work plan that can be easily understood and followed by everyone. However, this study analyses the maintenance culture employed in public infrastructure in Nigeria.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The following are the objectives of this study:
To examine the level of maintenance culture employed in public infrastructure in Nigeria.
To identify the determinants of maintenance culture of public infrastructure in Nigeria.
To determine the attitude of Nigerians to maintenance culture.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
What is the level of maintenance culture employed in public infrastructure in Nigeria?
What are the determinants of maintenance culture of public infrastructure in Nigeria?
What is the attitude of Nigerians to maintenance culture?
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The following are the significance of this study:
The results from this study will educate the Nigerian general populace on the need for the adequate maintenance of public infrastructure.
This research will be a contribution to the body of literature in the area of the effect of personality trait on student’s academic performance, thereby constituting the empirical literature for future research in the subject area.
1.7 SCOPE/LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
This study will cover the maintenance culture employed in public infrastructure in Nigeria and the determinants of maintenance culture in Nigeria.
LIMITATION OF STUDY
Financial constraint– Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint– The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
Suwaibatul Islamiah A.S., Abdul Hakim M., Syazwina F.A.S., Eizzatul A.S. (2012). An Overview Development Of Maintenance Culture, 3rd International Conference On Business and Economic Research. Proceeding Conference, pp 2206-2217
British Standard Institution BS 3811. (1974). Glossary of General Terms Used in Maintenance Organization, London 1974.
Florence. (2011). An Empirical Analysis of Asset Replacement Decisions and Maintenance Culture in Some Government Organizations Located In Ogbomoso and Ilorin Metropolis As Case Study. Journal of Management and Society, 1(3), 01-09.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria
Full Project – ANALYSIS OF MAINTENANCE CULTURE EMPLOYED IN PUBLIC INFRASTRUCTURE IN NIGERIA