Full Project-ACCOUNTING AS A CONTROL MEASURE ON ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRIES
1.1 Background of the Study
Accounting plays a vital role in the promotion of economic growths and enhancement of any organization. This important role which accounting plays cannot be over-emphasized. Hence every business organization uses the financial report to communicate information about its performance, resources and obligations to interested parties. And establishment without proper financial management and accountability is doomed since the whole world is turning out to a competitive global village. The ability to survival, rivalry depends on the power control of the resources of public organization. This by implication means that there should be checks and balances especially in disbursement of public fund in order for the organization to form. in Nigeria, there are various stating requirements that must be considered in the perception of find reports which include: The companies and Allied matter Ael 1990 (as amended).
Accounting standard and predicted by the Nigerian Accounting standard Board. Other statutory legislations eg. Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)’s product of Guidelines and stock Exchange rates. Company’s Accounting policies. The Acts and Bodies are put in place to guide and regulate the activities of accounting. The issue is: are they judiciously kept? Inspite of the existence of accounting professional in the accounting in most public organization, misappropriation of fund has been the order of two day. The management officials often interferes in the activities of accounting personnel. Those interferences are most often not in accordance with accounting rules and regulations, but to satisfy their personal interest. The resultant affect of thus, of course, is misappropriation of public fund. Although there are audit sections established in public organization, yet the funds misappropriate are not detected and even when detected are most often not pointed out as the auditors are given some packages as bribe.
It is worthy to note here that most frauds are committed in conjunction with either the accounting staff or the top management staff. Accounting staffs serve in a particular unit over many years. Thus practice does not anger well with the accounting status of any organization, hence it can lead to fraud as well as inefficiency in the operating of the accounting personnel. The question here is has can organizations must utilize the accounts department to control her expenditure, to ensure effective financial prudence? Hence to interest of the researcher in this research project with a focus on the Nigeria Television Authority. NTA Channel 8, Enugu. The Nigeria Television Authority annual 8, Enugu. “The Station for Cellence” is the second oldest television station in Nigerian and Africa. Coming after UNTV/WWBS (NW NTA IBADON) which came on stem in 1959. the station, then known as ENBS/ENTV, Started transmissions with a 1kw transmitter on October 1,1960. it administrative block was at No. 2 Ogui Road, Enugu, with its Accounts office of No. 6 Ogui Road, Enugu (the present judeofo building,) while the Broadcasting House was located at the top floor of ACB building, Ogui Road Enugu, from have the station redocates to its present site at the intendance layout, Enugu. The first Chief Executive was Mr. Peter Prumlum. In 1967, all existing television stations in the country were taken over by federal government. This gave birth to the Nigeria television activity. Accordingly, NTA Enugu was eractive from the formar ENBS/ENTV to become NTA Enug. Like all other NTA production centres NTA Enugu is headed by a general manager and less six discussion for effective management, namely:- Administrative, Engineering programes, marketing, was and current affairs and finance.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
The problems associated with the management of public expenditure in public organizations are stated as follows:- There is no proper managements Top management official do not allow accounting personnel to carry out duties freely. Both management and staff commit fraud. There are inefficient accounting staff.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF STUDY
Having identified the problems associated with the management of public funds in some public establishment, the researcher aims at the followings:- To find out the extend to which public finds are being misappropriated. To ascertain to extent to which top management officials intefere in the activities of the accounting staff. to find out extent to which management and staff contribute to cases of fraud. To determine the extent to which inefficiency of account staff contributed to ineffective accounting control.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY.
The scope of this study boarders on mismanagement /misappropriation of accounting services, causes of fraud and level of inefficiency of the accounts staff in NTA Enugu.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
Having identified the numerous problems associated with the management of public expenditure, complied with the objectives which the researcher ought to accomplish, the following research questions are put down:-
1. To what extent are public funds being misappropriated in public establishments due to corruption in the society.
2. To what extent does management officials interfere in the activities of accounting personnel.
3. To what extent are frauds committed by either the staff or management owing to ineffective accounting controls.
4. To what extent does inefficiency of the accounts staff contribute to non-effective accounting control of public expenditure.
1.6 NULL HYPOTHESIS (HO)
HO1: There will be no significant difference at the probability level of 0.05 between the mean perception of senior and junior staff of NTA Enugu or how public funds ace being mismanaged.
HO2: There will be no significant difference < 0.05 between the mean perception of senior and junior staff of NTA Enugu on the extent, which top management officials interfere in the activities of accots staff.
HO3 There will be no significant difference (n < 0.05) between the mean perception of senior and junior staff of NTA Enugu on how management and staff entitled to fraud practices in the station.
HO4 There will be no significant difference (p < 0.05) between the mean perception of senior and junior staff of NTA, Enugu on how in efficiency of accounts staff lead to inadequate accounting control.
1.7 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the researcher station as follows:- This study will assist accounting staff in various public organization to know the proper way to manage pubic finds. To provide possible solutions to the interference of top management officials in the activity of accounting staff. To ensure maximum utilization of audit sections and internal control systems to avoid cases of fraud. Finally to prefer solutions to inefficiency of staff of account section
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria